He 112

imatt88

Someone is doing a 3D printed 1/32 He 112 on my Large Scale Lutfwaffe Group on Facebook IIRC.  Haven't seen any updates on it in awhile though.

My apologies, it's actually a 1/32 Bv 138, still very impressive though!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1244771075565970&set=pcb.1788721084737061&type=3&theater

Funny you should say that, as I was just wondering if there was more than a superficial similarity between the He 100 and a regular Ki-61-1.

So much so I've been looking for a Hasegawa kit to compare to my SH Heinkel, but it seems to be OOP at present, and thin on the ground at a reasonable price.

Different wing, but the fuselage is very reminiscent of the low back, bubble top Ki-61 Hien - c'mon Hasegawa, you know you want to!

Tony

Thats an interesting though. They do look quite similar.

I wonder if a conversion can be done?

No, not really. You could perhaps use a Stuka as the He 112 has a gull wing. Other similarities between the Ki 61 and He112 are engine in front, cockpit above, and rudder at the back. Best wait for the Silver Wings kit.

I may be wrong, but I believe imatt88 was agreeing about the similarities between the He 100 and the Ki-61.

(Not entirely off-topic given the engineering connections between the He 100 and the He 112)

1024px-He_100.jpg

He 100 above, Ki-61 below.

avhien_1.jpg

Those similarities being mainly driven of course by the inverted DB601/Ha40 (license built DB601) engines defining the nose shape

The He 112 by contrast with its open cockpit, seems to be from a different era, even though it's a contemporary.

279969c574ae6ae769a24155bd77687a.jpg

No, not really. You could perhaps use a Stuka as the He 112 has a gull wing. Other similarities between the Ki 61 and He112 are engine in front, cockpit above, and rudder at the back. Best wait for the Silver Wings kit.

Edited by Chek