Which Tamiya parts can you easily use on Revell F4-G

oyoy5

yep, we need a correction set for those rear nacelles...I have  plenty of Tamiya Phantoms in my stash and it would be too much work on each one  :please:

Those are available right here from GT resin.  He's listed in the sponsor forums.  Gary's got all kinds of good stuff there.  HTH

Best regards

Patrick

Opps!  I read your post wrong.  I thought you meant the exhaust nozzles.  I'm not that familiar with F-4's, so I don't have a clue as to what is referred too as rear nacelles.  Is that the part that houses the nozzles?  I'd like to know for future reference as I have a 'J' in the stash.  Please excuse my ignorance.

A nacelle is a housing, right?  I guess I'm a bit confused, but would like to learn more about F-4's.  TIA

Best regards

Patrick

Thanks for that link Luca.  The discussion about the front intakes was easy to understand, I got that.  But the discussion about those rear nacelles sent my mind spinning out of control. lol  I'll just settle with what Tamiya has to offer, and go with that.  My brain is just  too cluttered up as it is.  I mean like you really have to know your F-4's to detect all those errors which I don't.

Now if the discussion was about the 17's, or the 51's, or the F4U's, among other prop jobs, that would be a different deal.  I've been an admirer of those birds since the 1950's when Monogram first  came out with their 'speedy-builts'.  Life was a lot simpler back then.

When and if I ever do my 'J', it will be a British F-4K.  I already have the conversion set from GT.  I really like those gray paint jobs with the 'Colonial Navy' decals.

Best regards

Patrick

Interesting that you say that, Patrick, as I bought my Tamiya F-4J with the express intention of turning it into a Spey Phantom with the possibility of the conversion set projects that were being planned two or three years ago. The announcement of the HK Model's kit killed them off pretty smartish. So now my F-4J will become an F-4J(UK) in 74 Sqn RAF markings.

The reason I say it's interesting is that some time ago, I read a critique of the Tamiya model suggesting that they'd somehow conflated the lines of the J79 and Spey engined Phantoms, and that had given rise to the somewhat slab-sided tear fuselage nacelle contours which somehow manage to be a sort of halfway house between the two versions, while neither correct for one nor the other.

Currently I'm keeping fingers crossed that the laser-scanned Tan Model will provide the basic correct fuselage shape for the J79 engined Phantom family, and HKM will play an unbeatable blinder with their Spey engined family.

The venerable but still super-cool Phantom deserves no less after its illustrious career.

Edit: Gary produces some superlative resin parts, but not the F-4K with Spey engines you'll need for a Colonial Navy zap job.

You'll need the HK Model's kit for that which is as yet sight unseen. But I do know some top quality researchers are involved in its development, and I'm holding out the highest of high hopes for when it appears.

When and if I ever do my 'J', it will be a British F-4K.  I already have the conversion set from GT.  I really like those gray paint jobs with the 'Colonial Navy' decals.

Best regards

Patrick

Edited by Chek

A project this size coming from a kit manufacture that has had but few releases seems pretty tough to believe to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm in for any new accurate and well done F-4 kit.Have you seen anything to believe it's on the way?

Chuck

Chek-

I meant to say the British version being the F4-J(UK), which I thought was the 'K'.  My mistake.  After doing some checking, I'm thinking now the British J's never did have the 'Colonial Navy' markings, just on the Spey Phantoms, is that correct? Sorry for the confusion.

I also found out that the British J's were brought up to the F4-S standards minus the wing slats.  Is that correct?  TIA

I'm still learning.  Much, much to learn.  Can't think of a better place to learn than here.

Best regards

Patrick

Edited by Patrick HMD