Trumpeter 1/32 MiG-29A - first Pics

Scotsman

Prototypes are painted by the manufacturer whatever they think will sell to the customer.

The Russians have own standards for camouflage. Depends on type of aircraft and theater of operations. There are also changes over the years with new developed patterns making their way into service. Given the long life of the equipment and the habit to repaint the aircrafts only during major overhaul the result is a wide mix of older and newer and newest patterns side by side. And the export variants have their very own patterns that are different from Russian Air Force camo...

Regards

- dutik

Edited by dutik

• 2 weeks later...

So is the Trumpeter kit worth the money accuracy wise?

I'd say so.

I guess not.........Trumpeter really struggles to get things correct aka Hobbycrap....

Oh, okay, spend it on whisky and cigars instead.

Tony

I guess not.........Trumpeter really struggles to get things correct aka Hobbycrap....

OK, get the old Revell kit and buy all the upgrades for it, and you have a kit that's better in some ways than the Trumpeter kit, not as good in others, and have spent twice as much money.

Interesting comparaison review between the Trumpeter and Revell Mig-29 Fulcrum 1/32 Kits

from the KitChecker.Com german website !

Concerning the Trumpeter Kit, check where the green arrow is on the scale at the bottom end

of this review !

:coolio:

SharkOwl

Reference : http://kitchecker.com/reviews_2017_2/trumpeter_mig-29a_vs_revell.htm

OK guys - kit comparison question. 

Anyone know if the Eduard Mask set for the Trumpeter 1/32 Mig-29M will fit on the new Mig-29A canopy? 

Not sure how much Trumpeter redid the canopy shape, but I wanted to get an idea of someone who tried or knows before I add it to the order.

-Anthony