Ju 88 A-1, pictures from my model in the works

Wurzacher

Hi all!

I am in the middle of my built and normally don´t show stuff that isn´t ready. But Guttorm asked me to show some pics, and for he is such a great guy i want to do him the favour.

So, here we are. The first one is a picture of one of the propellers before being glued shut:

post-3756-1251784962.jpg

This is Jerry Rutman´s Fernkompass which belongs in the foremost front glazing on my built. I did scratchbuilt the bracket as the compass doesn´t come with it. This single piece of resin is just app. 4x4x5 millimeters small... The white piece of sheet keeps the bracket free of overspray while painting. Another small piece of sheet is glued into the front glazing and this is where the compass will be glued to later.

post-3756-1251785270.jpg

Here comes one of the main gear legs still under construction (as are all parts shown here!). I added a lot of bolts using my Punch&Die following a picture from a russian website. Still thinking about to overspray the yellow parts, but iirc i saw this on Guttorm´s built ?!?

post-3756-1251785836.jpg

This is the left hand side cockpit wall. I made use of Guttorm´s phantastic restauration photos to replicate the curtain and its fasteners. You can see the stunning colored photoetch parts from Eduard. It was definitely worth to wait for them to be available. Wait for the next picture! :)

post-3756-1251785991.jpg

And here is the right hand side cockpit wall. A lotta more color photoetch parts! I never could have painted this in such intricate detail. I had to check the placement and orientation of some of these in Guttorm´s pictures, in my AeroDetail book or the internet. Look at these itsi bitsi fuses!

post-3756-1251786319.jpg

The last one for today: the sight for the pilot. Eduard gets us four (4) etched parts to add detail here! This is the size where i came to my limit. I had to make use of a magnification lamp and got new glasses for close up work. Hey guys, i am getting older!

post-3756-1251786797.jpg

Please don´t shoot at me! All of these parts are not finished yet. And all i ca say: i just keep on trying to do my best. It is my hobby, nothing else...

Thank you all for looking!

Thomas

Brudder!! Sauber gemacht! What a fantastic job! Those side panels look like the real plane was dissected. Eduard did a wonderful job on that PE. Please keep these WIP pix coming. We all want to see!

But then,we know that it must be looking good because it is a German aircraft built by a German by a German model company. Prima!

Where did you find a picture of what the compass box mount looks like? I didn't see one.

JR

Thanks guys for your comments! I really appreciate them!

@ Azgaron: thank you!

@ Firecaptain: have a look at the tail gear compartment, most of it will be hidden after glueing the fuselage together. On the other hand, i do not think it to be reasonable to detail areas that won´t be seen after the model is finished. I am a very slow builder, so i concentrate on the things i can see afterwards ;)

@ Hi Jerry, nice to have you looking my crude craftmanship! Where did you get your German? Maybe we can switch to my language? :) I saved most of Guttorm´s pics to my computer and asorted them in the areas shown to have quicker access to what i want to see. One of these pics has the designation "cockpit0408.jpg" on Guttorms page. I would post it here but for he has the copyright i think he will have to give me permission first. If you save this picture to your HD, make a right-click on it and select "Preview" you can enlarge it until you see the pixels... I made a clipping of the area of his picture and made it a little bit brighter and sharper:

post-3756-1251814639.jpg

When you close your eyes a little bit you see what i took for reference. Maybe not 100 percent like the original but good enough for me!

Guttorm, may i show your original picture here?

Ich habe fast sieben yahre im Deutschland gewohnen bei der US Army aber es tut mir leid,liebe English shreibe weil ich habe so wiele Deutsch vergesst? Make sense?

Thanks for the pic,btw. I am lovin' your build, you have a cool town as well. I like the fortress on the hill. Used to drive by on the 'bahn a lot on my way to Schweinfurht.

JR

wow

that is really a lovely bulid 88. that will be a winner when its done :unsure: and yes..use my pictures here if you want to ;)

you are really doing this model gooooooooooooooooooooooooooood. cant wait to see more. and just ask if you need detail pics of the original :)

your norwegian friend

Guttorm

and check out the last issue of flypast :)