Does anyone make exhaust stacks for the 1/32 P-51 ??

swede

I have the Trumpy -51B and not really thrilled with the stacks in the kit. I looked around and didn't see anything, but surely there are aftermarket stacks for the -51. Any info or even have a set, please let me know.......Thanks, Swede

And, the Quickboost pieces are a horribly disfigured cross between shrouded and unshrouded styles.

There are no usable aftermarket exhausts in 1/32 for Merlin Mustangs. The kits that need them need so much more than just exhausts that just exhausts seem frivolous. Also, the 1/32 kits that need exhausts have been superseded by kits that don't. So, it is highly unlikely that any usable aftermarket exhausts will appear in the future, either. 

HTH,

D

see:

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=65270

topic: #8

Current I'm doing "trying"  to do 3D drawings for the jet type exhaust and the jet bulge type exhaust.

My colleague bought a 3D printer (a good one about 4000 EUR) and I will take this challenge.

regards

Edited by Ralph-D

• 2 weeks later...

As I said, I try do 3D drawings and the 1st step is done.

I finished the Flange drawing.

Flange_steel.jpg

BTW does anyone has a good picture of the exhaust, I did the 3D drawing according original drawings but the contour I estimated.

Therefore I would like to compare with original pictures.

Regards

Ralph

Edited by Ralph-D

Seemed obvious. But, let's take a look...

What is your point D ? they went out of business indeed, but their  exhaust stacks were top-notch......

And then you answer you own question:

... they went the way of the dodo........

Not much help mentioning them if they can no longer be found anywhere. Or, would you prefer that the OP be left with the poor advice to go looking for something that no longer exists?  

D

Edited by D Bellis

Here are a few, Ralph:

Zoukei-Mura%20132%20Mustang%20IV%20P-51D

HTH,

D.B.

Many Thx Andrus,

you saved me a lot of time searching in the net, exactly this picture from MatthiasD of Meiers Motors I was looking for.

I could ask Peter to send me the drawing, but I like the challenge to do it by my self, see link:

http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showthread.php/482353-Mustang-P51D-quot-Marinell-quot-1-6-Metallbauweise-Baubericht!/page8

I have the exhaust from Moskit - MY PRECIOUS......  ;)

Ralph

Edited by Ralph-D