Bitten by a Mosquito!

Wolf Buddee

Oh man, that looks amazing Wolf!

I havent been at the bench for a little while now as the weather has been so good and the Auster rebuild has been getting all my attention lately.

I fear that watching this will inspire me to get going again.  There is simply not enough hours in the day!

Cheers

Anthony

Guest Peterpools

Wolf

I knew it was just inevitable ... and patiently waiting in the wings for your Mossie build to join the awesome builds already underway.

Awesome start on the IP - details look fantastic

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Assembler schmembler,

You are a true craftsman Wolf, now accept it and move on!

Great stuff already. Are you going to leave two engines exposed or just go to town on one?

Regards,

Thanks Kent! Much appreciated.

As far as the engines are concerned, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. One engine will get some extra attention for sure. I may detail the outside portion of the other engine and leave one cowl panel off. That way it won't completely spoil the lines of the Mossie. Still thinking' though.......

Cheers,

Wolf

Oh man, that looks amazing Wolf!

I havent been at the bench for a little while now as the weather has been so good and the Auster rebuild has been getting all my attention lately.

I fear that watching this will inspire me to get going again.  There is simply not enough hours in the day!

Cheers

Anthony

Thank-you Anthony, it's all your fault anyways. Your collaboration has created a monster............... :wicked:

You're absolutely right about there not being enough hours in a day!

Cheers,

Wolf

Wolf

I knew it was just inevitable ... and patiently waiting in the wings for your Mossie build to join the awesome builds already underway.

Awesome start on the IP - details look fantastic

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks Peter! Always a pleasure hearing from you. I can't wait to see you start one of these Mosquitos as well. These kits are truly amazing.

Cheers,

Wolf

What color did you use for the instrument panels Wolf? I really like it, I've been trying to get away from black for panels.

Fantastic start, can't wait to see more on this

Matt  :frantic:

Thanks Matt! I used a 50/50 mix of Tamiya Nato Black and German Grey. The panels were oversprayed with Tamiya's semi-gloss spray out of the can (shot through the airbrush) both before and after decals. The last coat is literally blushed on to tone down the semi-gloss effect.

Cheers,

Wolf

Awesome, as always. If that panel is any indication, this model will be a true masterpiece.

Wolf, if you're an 'assembler', I'm a 'sticker of parts together'. :)

Thank-you Ernie! Hopefully the length of time I spent on the IP won't translate in to how long the rest of the build will take, LOL! By the way, remember, I saw your Gotha up close and personal. You are waaaaaaaaaay past the "sticker of parts together" my friend. Just saying'..............

Cheers,

Wolf

Hey Wolf (regarding the Tamiya paints) what do you thin your paints with for airbrushing?

What kind of thinning ratio do you find works best (paint to thinner) and do you use the same thinning medium for the semi gloss clear?