New 1/32 F-4K/M (FG.1/FGR.2) Phantom kit announced by HKM

Derek B

Its a Brit-toom................and there are a LOT of folks out there who know them in and out, EVERY rivet..........................

Im hoping against hope that HKM follows suit with their previous MO of listening to those in the know, so the kit comes out right, and we dont have a landscape festooned with nay-sayers before it even hits the market.

No one is perfect, and as such would never expect the kit to be. But Im sure there are those who are expecting close to that since they know the air-frame so well. Even if something is wrong, on outward appearance HKM seems to have adopted a policy of making changes when/if needed. That IMHO is a great sign.

Edited by Out2gtcha

Not to mention fündekals, who already has them underway :)

Great!! I thought fündekals make only WWII subjects. More Phantom decals, It´s better for us. Thanks a lot  :yahoo: 

Edited by Pavel

face it, someone will find something to nit pick about, and then proceed to get on the forums and trash the idea, just saying. It will be "why didn't they do it this way" or "They should have done it this way" or my favorite "I can't believe". That's always a good one right there. 

Hell yeah to HKM and guys should be blowing up their email and customer service line with praise and thanks! 

This is just phantastic news and I'll be getting 2-3 kits at least.

I'm hoping that a nice set of matra rocket pods will come with these kits too for a classic FGR loadout.

A Gun pod maybe two but at least their are some nice AM ones on the market.

Awesome announcement though.....!

I was only just talking about this last night to a couple of my other friends, funny that ! 

I think Neil from HK knows that the J79 version HAS to be the F-4B, now I can do my Bi-Centennial birdie at long last!!!

Great news, still can't wait for that Lancaster next year too.

Life is good.  ;) 

Yes, the VX-4 Birdie is the one I've always wanted to do.

A nice new F-4B with those markings on it would look very nice I think!

Thanks for the added info though, interesting how some of these machines were played with throughout their careers.

BTW, All my Tam F-4J's are fully booked for other stunning markings so a nice new version will do very nicely. 

Tally - Ho!  :speak_cool:

Are you designing HKM's Spey Toom decals Jennings ? Would be nice to know they're in safe hands.

Apart from the obvious joy of an option or two from 892 NAS on the Ark - well, actually, there isn't another option IMHO.

Tony