Airfix 1/24 Mosquito - Complete at Last!

Spencer Pollard

If you know me, or have seen my Stuka or 190 build, you know that I love getting as much reference material as possible on the subject matter. With plans of building the Airfix 1/24 Mossie, this model is definitely no exception. So, for anyone planning on getting this kit, or building any Mosquito FB.VI in any scale, I HIGHLY recommend getting "Mosquito FB.VI - Airframe, Systems and RAF Usage" from SAM publications. A quick link can be found here from their website (hope the link works).

I ordered this book a couple weeks ago in hopes of getting some good reference material for this Airfix kit, and WOW! Published in October of 2009, this book is a VERY easy read, with EXCELLENT detail information (whether it's in the text, technical specs, pictures, or diagrams). A lot of good profiles. Only problem is that the colour scheme and profiles shown are all from the same left hand side so you don't see the RH (or Navigators) side.

That aside, this book, combined with Squadrons Mosquito Walk Around is more than enough reference material. Hope this helps anyone out there.

Mark.

I'm patiently awaiting until GMW has them in stock (soon I'm hoping) and then one is coming my way.

The wife actually supported everything about this build and is looking forward to it. Not as much as I am, but she's looking forward to it. Next to the Lancaster, the Mossie is her favorite bird.

• 5 months later...