Another Airfix 1/24 FW-190

Max N

Loving this build Max...........I always wanted to build the 1:24 Airfix 190 ,never have ,though I have done all the others ,so I shall be watching this one

Nice work and welcome back to Modeling and LSP!

Cheers

Fozzy

Nice work Max- Looking good so far. I like the addition of the placards- makes a heck of a lot of difference.

Please keep it up- the 190 is one of my favorites of all time.

Take care-

THOR

Loving this build Max...........I always wanted to build the 1:24 Airfix 190 ,never have ,though I have done all the others ,so I shall be watching this one

Nice work and welcome back to Modeling and LSP!

Cheers

Fozzy

Cheers for the comments guys, its great encouragenment! Its good to be back and catch up with everyone :-)

This one of the nicest Fw190 engines I have ever seen. Great job Max.

Wow, thanks Sean. I am pleased with how its looking - I'm constantly blown away by all the great builds here on LSP and that has inspired me to try and raise my game :-)

These last three shots bring the engine up to date - all the exhausts are finally done, and I have started on the plumbing which will eventually go to the bulkhead fittings on the firewall

P1000116.jpg

P1000117.jpg

P1000118.jpg

Also did some work on the main gear. Starting with the wheels, I sanded the kit part down until it was a lot thinner, and opened up the holes. Trying to get it to look like the real part (pressed steel I guess)

IMG_2986.jpg

Also added some aluminium tube and a cotter pin

DSC02442.jpg