Hobby Boss 2018 1/32 Releases...

Dennis7423

Hobby Boss is showing a 1/32 B-24D and J on their release catalog for 2018. Yowza! Here's to hoping they are good (plenty of restored/complete ones to measure) and don't go the way of the Trumpeter 1/32 TBD Devastator (which is also in the Trumpeter 2018 catalog as "new" for 2018).

Thoughts? Comments? Keep it clean folks.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

Hobby Boss is showing a 1/32 B-24D and J on their release catalog for 2018. 

Thats got to be a mistake. Maybe a typo for 1/48th?    As was mentioned, I think a 32nd B-24 would be cool, I just cant see a main stream IM release of one at the moment, especially a 4 engined verity out of the blue from HB, that has as of yet not ever done that to my knowledge. 

Thats got to be a mistake. Maybe a typo for 1/48th?    As was mentioned, I think a 32nd B-24 would be cool, I just cant see a main stream IM release of one at the moment, especially a 4 engined verity out of the blue from HB, that has as of yet not ever done that to my knowledge.

The product numbers are consistent with these being 1/32 scale kits.

Why a mistake? Its simply a first for them, they arent afraid of large scale at all so would have thought them the logical choice for a surprise large scale large release?

Why cant you see a main stream company releasing one? Hk have two large 4 engined releases out with a lancaster due shortly HB simply want a slice of the action with the most produced 4 engined bomber of all time...

Aware that the B24 is a minefield.. you know what, i for one dont care if they get it perfect, close , not so good or even crap, at least its another 4 engine heavy i can enjoy building without resorting to a full scratchbuild.

My predictions are that it will be crucified way before its realeased, it will be a fair to middling kit but most will hate it and class it as unbuildable due to either its lineage or the writers will to be a ( unwittingly ill informed) keyboard warrior

Happy xmas ....;) discuss.....

Awfully ambitious of them, and as usual, I'll believe it when I see it. Can't help but prefer HK to do the large scale bombers... even though they have some niggles, their kits are refined and solid. Happy to be proven wrong though!

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

If true, and you didn't like the scheme issued (assuming they make it accurately enough) then you would have your work cut out for you.

This one I would buy, (so far have passed on the Big Boeing) Ploesti D is a must

Adding that Metal Gear IS A MUST!

Thinking ALL contest or model shows need to plan MORE table space for us LSP'ers... :whistle:

Sure wish Larry Hawkins could've been here for all this, Miss that guy

Edited by phasephantomphixer

Guest The Southern Bandit

Hobby Boss can make decent kits, not heard anything bad about their 1/32 IL-2 Sturmovik for example, guessing this is a long way off though if it does come to fruition.