Fly Models 1/32 Focke Achgelis Fa330 German Gyrocopter

ty dobsold

There is a recent review on Scaleplasticandrail, should give you some info: http://www.scaleplasticandrail.com/kaboom/index.php/all-things-aviation/132-135-scale/132-kit-reviews/2228-1-32-focke-achgelis-fa-330-from-fly-model

Looks like a sweet little subject to me. Please post some build shots if you are going to build it!

I've got one, and had a bit of a disastrous start: broke one part and lost another as it "pinged" out of the tweezers and into the gaping maw of my carpet monster.  So it's now on the shelf of doom until I feel like the requisite scratch-building to replace said parts.  My problem, not an issue with the kit itself.

It's very delicate, and very small, even in 1:32.  The tan-coloured plastic has a slightly "soapy" feel to it, I suspect due to mould-release agent; a good wash in soapy water sorted it.  If you've ever built or even seen an early Special Hobby, the kit has a similar feel.  Hope you enjoy building it, please post pics.

Incidentally, I want to build an in-service German one, but the only boxing I could get was the "captured" one.  However, it was pointed out to me that if you omit the "FE/T2" serial number from the relevant captured option you have an in-service example as that still carried the crosses.

Edited by MikeC