Need slow curing putty.

2 Q's-

Why does it need to dry slowly? Other than CA, they all will take several hours..... 

And,do you plan on scribing over the filled lines? Green stuff or Tamiya gray will flake. CA is ideal, but doesn't dry slowly, so, what is left is the 2-part putties, like Milliput, or my fave, Apoxy Sculpt.

Slow drying allow for precise application for minimum of sanding. I simply want to fill the lines as cleanly as possible.

The plan was not to rescribe anything, but maybe i someday go for the Budzik method; scribing in the paint.

I use Acryl Red, bought a huge tube from a local auto paint suppliers. It stinks to High Heaven, but is easy to knife into cracks and dimples. It dries very quickly, so you can build up a depth if needed. It sands out to a feather edge as well. Because it is quite thin, it 'flows' into the cracks, and wipes away with a cotton bud and rubbing alcohol. Easy, and quick, and neat.

Tim

Edited by wunwinglow

Slow drying allow for precise application for minimum of sanding. I simply want to fill the lines as cleanly as possible.

The plan was not to rescribe anything, but maybe i someday go for the Budzik method; scribing in the paint.

You can try Mr Surfacer. It's a kind of very think paint-like putty. With a fine brush, you can fill only the lines you need to fill. On my Ta-152, i wanted to reduce some gaps without loosing the line, and i've only laid a coat of Mr sufacer on the gaps, wiped the excess with a kitchen towel damped with Mr color thinner and it was done. But if you want to get rid of the panel lines, you can let it dry and just sand the excess.

I assume you used type 500. Is it smelly?

You have very restrictive specifications ! :)

No, it's not that smelly, but it does smell something. If you apply it with a brush directly from the jar, it wont make all the room smelly, but if you put your nose in the jar, yes it smells.