Death dealing Bug!

karimb

Guest Peterpools

Karim My friend

So good to have you back with us,

I was amazed at your Mig 3 and your F-18 knock me right off my easy chair. Absolutely magnificent.

Welcome home

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Peter

karim, first of all my sincere condolences to you and your family, and my congratulations on your Bug build, AND i'm impressed by your working spot, your man cave abroad, try to keep it neat and tidy will ye...... :hmmm: :innocent: :wicked:

Jack thank you for your thoughts

I am trying to keep the man cave as neat as possible. Its the first time i have had so much space at hand, but i keep realizing how even now storage space is become more and more limited! Go figure!

Thanks for taking the time to leave a word

Karim,

MY deepest condolences to you and your family.

May your Mum rest in Peace .

Insallah she is at peace and free of pain.Amen (x3).

Your F-18 is STUPENDOUS to look at and as ever your build/model is of high standards and GORGEOUS... :wow: :clap2: :bow:

:goodjob: Karim.

Maaaru

Amen to that my friend Amen...God bless you and your loved ones, always!

Thanks for always leaving such encouraging posts :)

My condolences mate, i lost my father in may this year, so i know you're feelings my friend, losing a parent is losing a part of yourself, and thing's changes forever. So i'm glad you picked up the hobby again and start building.

That Hornet is just spot on, beautiful painted and wheatered, congrats mate. :speak_cool:

Greetz

Danny

Danny i am sorry to hear that. My thoughts and condolences go out to you and your loved ones too...things have indeed changed forever and i think picking up the hobby again after the period of shock is somehow helping me keep my head screwed on the right way round...

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a word...i am here for you buddy any time you feel like chatting up just drop me a word!

Thanks again

Karim, good to see you back at work!! So sorry to hear about your Mum, these events always leave a huge hole in our lives, but while hurt does eventually subside, the memories never loose their sweetness.  It is all part of life...

Your workshop/office/home looks the business!! I managed to build a shed/studio for my hobby a few years ago, and already it is completely full of, STUFF!!! But it is MY stuff, I can leave it where I like and it will all still be in the same place when I come back. Oh, joy!!!  But you are already way ahead with finishing the Hornet. I still have at least 4 projects partially built, nothing near finished. You inspire me to focus, focus, focus!! I really have run out of any meaningful excuse now!

Hornet looks splendid, by the way, as does that display case. 

Now, if I only had a display case like that..........

Tim

Hey Tim...its been a while my friend! Your right about the memories beeing sweet i just had a chuckle this evening walking alone at home. I remembered something mom said one time to me in the same room i was standing in and couldnt help but laugh... The people we love stay with us forever except they are not physically around and maybe this is what makes it hard for us...

The hobby room of mine is a real blessing you know, i keep realising this every time i walk in it. Its my own space just as you described it, i leave stuff the way i want, the way they are organised in my head and i know when i come back everything is going to be where i left it the way i left it...

Actually its me and two of my best buddies,who also fly in the same airline (and that graciously gave up a day off they had) who built the whole thing.

The whole complete setup you see is from IKEA minus all the tools etc. The three of us spent a whole day sweating and swearing putting everything together. Actually they played a big role in encouraging me to take the leap and build my own man cave there, and i thank them for that...

The glass cabinet i display my models in is from ikea and so are the led lights on it top. The cabinet is relatively inexpensive and built up i found it could fit a kit up to the size of the bug but nothing much bigger. I will have to either find a creative solution or work out some custom display case for the Su27 and the F105 i have in the stash because there is no way they are going to fit in it. I might turn this one into just ww1 and armour, and have another cabinet for the bigger jets...

Gotta go trawl IKEA to see if they have anything 1 meter wide lol...

I am looking forward to your postings my friend, and thank you again for your thoughts and your kind words

Well, you certainly are very nicely organised now, Karim! And you've turned out a spectacular Hornet, which I'd love to publish on the website.

Welome back, buddy!

Kev

Kev,

Thanks for the heartwarming welcome my friend!

I would be honoured to have the bug published on the website!

Its great to be home again amongst you guys!

Karim My friend

So good to have you back with us,

I was amazed at your Mig 3 and your F-18 knock me right off my easy chair. Absolutely magnificent.

Welcome home

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Peter

Hey Peter

Thanks buddy for the kind words... It truely is good to be back amongst you guys!

Wow, Stunning, Incredible! I think I already said that...LOL. You're one my favorite modelers on this site. Good to see you back.

Hey Shaka

Thank you for your words buddy. I am super glad myself to be here amongst builders like you and the guys (and girls!)

Thanks for all the support

Spectacular!

Brian!

Thanks for the post :)

What i call spectacular is your build of the AMC DH2... Youre going to have quite a bit of correspondence coming your way when i get to build that !

Thanks again

Karim

Amazing legacy bug! Condolences on the loss its always very challenging. Great wokshop Karim. I need to finally figure out how to connect when in Doha, Dubai or Beirut. Cheers!

Hey Jaroslav my friend its been a while...

Thank you for your thoughts my friend and for taking the time to leave a post...

I will be back in Doha around the end of the month and am staying there the majority of October and November. Anytime you can just drop me an message or an email with your dates and i'll work something out around them so we can meet up buddy!

Hope all is good at work! Stay safe and stay in touch

Read this RfI after I saw your Mig-3. Sorry for your mother, but good to see you have gone on to a new resolve and implemented a life in which you make the most of living in two places at the same time.

As for your bug, great looking F-18 (even though I have about as much interest in the type as you in my between the wars civvies ;) )

You did a marvelous job building, painting and weathering this one :goodjob: !

Now waiting for your next build (hoping it's going to be a "real" jet like the F-105 :) ) :popcorn:

Hubert