Airfix 1/24 Mosquito

Growler

Hi all. In previous reviews of the Airfix Mossie, it seems to me that the kit came with instruments pre-printed on the faces of the clear portion of the panel. Somebody please confirm that I'm not insane.

Edited by Growler

Yes, the instrument faces were printed on the rear face of the dials. The whole cockpit is very nicely detailed and the rest of the kit fits beautifully. There are a few upgrades available to give it a bit of a boost, I'd certainly recommend the Airscale cockpit set, Master .303 MG barrels and a set of seat belts would also be a good idea......

As for your sanity, I really couldn't say, the small purple mouse that lives in my belly-button keeps telling me that everyone else is either a figment of my imagination or the earthly projections of a race of pan-dimensional super-beings......... I really should stop eating those dodgy looking 'shrooms :)

They havent changed to tooling. They just stopped printing the decals on the fronts of the dials , giving decals instead. I have built a few of these and on the ones i had the printed faces were a bit off center , decals are much better

Edited by gunpowder

Damn! I didn't know they'd switched from instrument faces printed onto the clear I.P parts to decals. That must be on the re-issued kit, we had a couple in the shop but I never had a chance to look at one. Up until about a week ago I had one of the original, printed I.P, parts from the first kit. Guess that's neither here nor there now, however I would strongly recommend the Airscale 1/24th scale Mosquito I.P set. The Airfix parts were nice but the Airscale stuff is phenomenal :)