All GB's: Feedback thread.

Erwin

At this stage lets extend the finish date of the PTO GB until Aug 1st to see if we can get some more kits finished.

Yay!

Thanks guys, might get my Hurricane done after all.

• 1 month later...

Another suggestion... sorry guys :rolleyes:

I like the idea of scheduling the GBs in advance, so we know what's coming up.

I know they do this on that "other" site and I'm not sure if the limited LSP traffic would warrant it but it would be nice to be able to plan ahead.

I still think we could open them up to guests.

Nice idea Keith. I think you're right though and a system like that would be working particularly well on ARC where they have more traffic, especially being all scales, not just LSP's. Planning ahead is sensible of course. Perhaps our quandry with that is that we don't feel we've found the right GB formular for LSP yet, thus making it difficult to plan for something thats inherently dynamic.

We're plodding along and playing with the format. Ray and Hacker look as though they'll be taking over where Erwin helped out a lot. The idea is work with those guys and any of our other members like yourself who have ideas to really make our GB's unique and especially applicable to LSP.

Thanks

Matty

Guest Rigor

you just need to be different from everbody else like say captured aircraft or crashed air aircraft etc.

but just my 2 cent's <_<

We're plodding along and playing with the format. Ray and Hacker look as though they'll be taking over where Erwin helped out a lot. The idea is work with those guys and any of our other members like yourself who have ideas to really make our GB's unique and especially applicable to LSP.

Thanks

Matty

Hacker taking over GB?? Scary thought isn't it guys ;) :)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Greetings LSP-ers!

With the end of the year so rapidly approaching, I thought now would be a good time to start the conversation regarding future Group Builds. Since the whole point of GBs is to have some fun whilst participating in a build with a shared theme, it only makes sense that we have themes that the members are excited about.

Some of us Events Staff folks have been bouncing ideas around, but your input is crucial to the success of any GB, so....

What would you like to see in 2008?

One idea is not about theme as much as 'scope'. I thought it might be smart to have two six-month GBs for the super-detailed, glacially slow or otherwise challenged folk running alongside four three-month GBs for lighter fare. This might allow more members to participate depending on their own pace and style of building. Since some concern has been raised in the past about lead-time so that members can be more prepared prior to the GB starting, determining a schedule sooner means plenty of time to scrounge around and gather the goodies for each project.

Please share your thoughts!

Thanks..

Excellent ideas guys!

Personally, I'd like to see a Trumpeter build.

Keith.

Hi Keith,

Anything more specific? Or do you just mean everybody does the Trumpy kit of their choice? I know I want to try a Dauntless at some point hopefully next year...

everybody does the Trumpy kit of their choice?

Just an across the board Trumpy build, nice and general.

I know they have put a large number of excellent kits over the last couple of years and I know many of us have at least one languishing in out closets.

I really want to build my RNZAF Avenger, but need an excuse to begin such a complicated OOB build. This would probably best suit a 4-6 month GB.

Another GB I would like to see is a Messerschmitt build and I don't just mean 109s. There are lots of other Messerschmitts on the market/in stashes. I know I've got 4.