AIMS 1/32 Bf 110 F and G

Pastor John

John, when you have a moment, those of us without Facebook would like to see an update of the project's plans: what pieces are included, which ones aren't, and what the base kit you're pitching this at is. I must confess I am NOT a fan of vacuformed canopies, even ones as nice as PCM's Macchi ones. But I reserve judgement until I see what the package includes and how much other goodies I will need to scrounge. Oh, and price, too! :innocent:

Hi Bill what I wrote on FB is just copy of what I wrote here. As for kit - it does not matter - just buy the cheapest kit possible and let me know and I will make sure you have what you need, for example if you have an E-2 trop you do not need my main and tail wheels and so make a saving but if you get a cheaper kit with small wheels that saving might be greater - understand? I cannot give anyone a price yet as I also wrote before. As for parts as I wrote if the decal option requires the part it will be included. I will have a price for a set that includes everything - that will mean a lot of spares and perhaps a waste of money but that is customers choice. A customer might already have the Master products needed so I do not need to provide them - again a saving. Everything I am doing is about trying to make this possible to buy when the host kit is already expensive - I will have 200 F/G decals and 200 G-4 decal sets - I need them to sell!

I'm so pleased to see positive attitudes, peace and harmony reigns! I'm really looking forward to building a G4 (based on an E2) and, since I don't need all the bits for the conversion, that PJ is offering alternative "packages" tailored to one's needs. Bring it on as they say these days!! :)

Max

If you are interested in the shape of my spinner - it is taken from the scale drawings by Martin Lebl done in 2009. These drawings conform with measurements provided on request to RAF Hendon, I hope you can see from the screen shot that the 3D drawing and therefore the part will be very much the same

Screenshot_2017_09_25_19_26_21.pngScreenshot_2017_09_25_19_30_57.png

I'm so pleased to see positive attitudes, peace and harmony reigns!

So are we Max, so are we!!

I'm really looking forward to building a G4 (based on an E2) and, since I don't need all the bits for the conversion, that PJ is offering alternative "packages" tailored to one's needs. Bring it on as they say these days!! :)

Max

I really like that Idea too. Being ablet to tailor the kit to whatever kits the guys have like myself, with the Dackelbauch, and will likely need the drop tanks, and tail wheel, where other guys with the Trop kit probably wont. Very good idea John! 

I purchased the E/2 Trop kit.

Pastor John, forgive me, but I did not see the announcement here, or had a senior moment and don't recall it, so I don't know what is planned and what that entails. I would like to know what will be in your kit. I haven't stockpiled Master barrels, so if I need to get something to supplement it. please PM me. I was planning on the other conversion, but that apparently is no longer an option. I could always sell the base kit, but I wanted to see this one done right. My only concern is the planned vacuform canopy.

Edited by Bill Cross

John, when you have a moment, those of us without Facebook would like to see an update of the project's plans: what pieces are included, which ones aren't, and what the base kit you're pitching this at is. I must confess I am NOT a fan of vacuformed canopies, even ones as nice as PCM's Macchi ones. But I reserve judgement until I see what the package includes and how much other goodies I will need to scrounge. Oh, and price, too! :innocent:

I have a Facebook account solely for modelling stuff. No friends, I don't write anything on it, I just use it to look at some modelling groups.

It's painless.

I have a Facebook account solely for modelling stuff. No friends, I don't write anything on it, I just use it to look at some modelling groups.

It's painless.

Dean, I can barely keep up with this place and Armorama. Never get around to Missing Lynx, Hyperscale, all the others. :(

Bill it is not a case of needing to supplement anything, more a case of my not adding something that you already have to save you money. All the major conversion parts will be included and then it is just a case of the equipment changes. Much easier life for me to just throw every possible variation in the box but that hicks up the price unnecessarily when host kit already a fortune. So when the time comes I can tailor make the order for example.......

Full F/G day fighter / F night fighter

2x upper engine cowl for F

2x upper engine cowl for G

2x lower cowl

2x Spinners

6x props

2x handed rear bulged cowl

2x drop tanks

4x rockets 

1x revised upper nose cover

1x revised lower nose cover

2x Mk 108s and plateform

1x gun pod

2x MG 151 barrels

1x FuG 202

1x MG 81 Z

3x interior ammo boxes

2x large main wheel

1x large tail wheel and scissor linked leg

1x rear G clear part

1x night fighter exhaust set

interior Fug equipment etc

1x decal sheet

1x small photo etch sheet

1x CD instructions

Now for example if you are really wanting just to build the St.G 77 F-4 with Skeletal hand you only need the decals and the engine parts for the F and the main wheels etc (unless you have the E-2 trop or E/D night fighter kit) and make sure you buy a kit with the outboard ETC bomb racks - i think they all have this! That will be the cheapest possible conversion to do whereas doing a G-2 day fighter with rockets  and gun pod requires everything bar the FuG 202, exhaust dampers and F style upper engine cowls! so obviously the conversion set is more expensive

Boxing up the G-4 is much more simple for me - no F style upper cowl, or rockets but the addition of G-4 rudders and Master radar options. The only saving that can be made here is if you already have drop tanks, large main wheels some master products and don't require to do decal option with gun pod and the master barrels - like for C9+BA or 2Z+GB for sure.

Anyway lets worry about this all latter - I hope you get the picture

Edited by Pastor John