Museum of Aviation, Belgrade Serbia

karimb

Hey guys, very very late post, actually almost one year late since i promised you gang that i would upload the pictures from my museum visit.

I had the chance during a layover in 2016 in Belgrade, during which i had one complete day off, to go visit the Museum of Aviation, right next to Nikola Tesla airport in Belgrade Serbia. The museum itself's upkeep is very very bad and you can see it very much on the outside of the structure, the inside is also not that well kept, but to be honest it just adds to the whole eastern Europe, soviet era clout that covers the whole structure ( although Yugoslavia was never part of the USSR per se)

There are displays dating from the Balkans war including the canopy of the F117, a couple of drones that were shot down and the tail of an F16. Indigenous aircraft are on display, some migs, some MiL helos, some cold war era jets, the fuselage of a P38, a Sturmovik, a typhoon, a Bf109, a Spitfire, a Caravelle and a Nieuport Bebe amongst others. 

I hope the photos will be useful to you guys although i couldn't get as close as i wanted to some of the displays, but still they are nice inspiration for weathering and trying out different type of schemes.

I will post below the gallery link as it includes 108 photos!

Karim

Belgrade Aviation Museum smugmug gallery

The 109 seems to be an amalgamation of parts and sections.  interesting to identify what is and isn't supposed to be there.

I'm no 109 expert, but I thought something looked odd about that one. What's wrong with it?

I'm no 109 expert, but I thought something looked odd about that one. What's wrong with it?

The machine is a late production Wiener Neustädter Flugzeugwerke Bf 109 G-2, formerly assigned to the Bulgarian Air Force. W. Nr. 14792. 

It looks to be fitted with the latter pattern wheels and lacking the small cooling intake on the lower cowl for the spark plugs, but I'm not seeing anything wrong with it.

Edited by RBrown

I am glad you guys have found the gallery fun to go through!

Martin it's a pleasure, with SmugMug everything seems to be easier to do and takes much less time to organize and publish! Ill keep trying to add interesting stuff from my travels. That museum I must say was really cool altogether!

Karim