Lothar's Last Ride - LVG C.VI Passenger Conversion

seiran01

Karim- you're too funny, cheers. My friend locally has drawn up the decals to test how well his laser printer can make simple decals. I'll experiment with those and determine from there what I need to do.

Going to try and get this back on the bench when the Gotha is done!

Very interesting. Much model building savvy and bravery showing. I cut up kits but I am not ready to cut a WNW kit. You will have a very unique model on your shelf.

Rick

Cheers Rick,

Never cut up a wnw kit myself either, so fingers crossed I don't bugger it up!

Karim- you're too funny, cheers. My friend locally has drawn up the decals to test how well his laser printer can make simple decals. I'll experiment with those and determine from there what I need to do.

Going to try and get this back on the bench when the Gotha is done!

Anytime my friend!

• 10 months later...

Hey, this one's back on the bench! For a little bit of work at least - this is a brain break right now as I've been putting a lot of time in on the HK mosquito and designing parts in CAD for it's target tug conversion.

What's new: couple of sheet plastic bits in the rear cabin to even out the floor and extend the guards over the tail surface control cables. There's a photo of a passenger LVG fuselage cutaway in the Datafile and the shape follows that. I also decided to see if there was enough plastic in the right places to reshape the kit rear cockpit coaming to save building one. It turns out there is and I'll clean up the work I've already done further along in the build. 

I reckon at this point I can paint the cockpit while I sort out what type of chairs to add for the passengers :)

jLpSjkSh.jpg

6Lm0TzQh.jpg