Fw 190 D 9

ajmac

Looking good!  I hope the reference material that I sent to you was useful.  Depending on how you want the rivets to be represented, you can give the surface a light sanding to shave down the raised plastic around each rivet hole.

It was with the material that sent me that I've been simulating the rivets. Thank you.

Regards

ajcmac

There was some fear that the decals, already over eight years old, were not in order. I solved the problem by buying EagleCals decals.

Fw_066.jpg

Fw_068.jpg

Fw_068.jpg

I finished the landing gear wells, doors and landing gear.

Fw_062.jpg

Fw_064.jpg

Fw_063.jpg

And for now, that's all.

Regards

ajcmac

Edited by ajmac

Guest Peterpools

Right with John

The front office looks spot on and the weathering you are doing is very realistic and spot on.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great!  I love the weathering on the landing gear doors.  Are you doing Brown 4?  I don't quite agree with the curve in the "4" and wish that Eagle would provide a straight option.

Thunnus.

Yes, I'll do the Brown 4 scheme. I do not know what you mean by the curve in the «4». I have the image of the EagleCals sheet. Which curve does the sheet refer to, or is the sheet correct?

Fw_068.jpg

I can always use the Revell sheet.

Fw_045.jpg

Regards

ajcmac

Edited by ajmac

Go slowly but go. This from the rivets and especially when it is the first time is not easy. Now all that remains is to finish the rivets on the fuselage, but only after I glue the two halves together. I'm going to glue my seat belts and the part of the engine that is visible is already painted, just missing the weather.

Fw_072.jpg

Fw_073.jpg

Fw_074.jpg

Fw_075.jpg

Fw_076.jpg

I painted the back of the fuselage just to see how it stayed with the rivets.

Fw_077.jpg

Fw_078.jpg

Thunnus.

After posting the message, I noticed the "4" curve. I'm going to use Revell's four. Thanks  :speak_cool:.

Regards

ajcmac

Edited by ajmac

• 3 months later...

Something went wrong with the postimage page  :notworking:  and the images all disappeared. I had to replace them all :BANGHEAD2: .

The place where I have my bench (in the basement) is cold in the winter so it becomes unpleasant. To cut, prepare and glue the pieces I take the material to a room. When it comes to painting alone on the bench (my wife's imposition).
Now that finally the temperature has been rising I restarted the paintings.

I already have the motor almost ready missing the weathering and I finished the propeller.

Fw_083.jpg

Fw_084.jpg

Fw_085.jpg

Regards

ajcmac