A newbie's attempt at the Tamiya F4U-1A

ChuckD

Thanks, guys.  I guess the old saying "the artist is never happy with his work" is in play here.  :)  I appreciate all the compliments, and definitely learned a lot from this build.  I'm hoping to put those lessons learned towards the Special Hobby P-39D kit I got from Ernie a few months ago.  It's currently on the bench in the first phases of building.  

What are some good references - preferably web logs or books - for weathering LSPs?  Also, any good tips out there for aerial rigging?  I can rig wires okay, but I'm kind of at a loss as to how to affix tensioning springs found on some aircraft.

Its a great build for three reasons - 1) you finished it. That in itself says volumes. 2) It's a finish you wanted. In all, it looks really good. smooth even finish - what more can you ask for. 3) goes back to 1&2 - your learning this hobby just like the rest of us are. As much as we want to come in a have a perfect build (never happens) like anything you do it takes time to master. 

You could come to my place, look at the completed models on my shelves and I can go on for 2 hours about all the flaws I have in my builds - and that would just be the first 4 models. 

Yes we are always our own worse critiques. That's how we learn and you certainly seem to be learning very well through the same process we have. Great job  :thumbsup: