Fine Molds 1:48 scale Yokusuka D4Y2 Suisei "Judy" nightfighter

Plasticsurgeon

Hello,

this is my latest build and I believe my third here on LSP......

About the kit;

A first glance gave me the impression that it was as good as a Hasegawa or Tamiya kit but it wasn't......it lacked detail on some parts, the wheelbays, it could use more panel lines, fit of one part of the fuselage (underside of the tail) didn't fit well and used some sanding. Instruction was in japanese with some instruction in english for painting SOME of the parts.So I had to use my imagination a lot....

The build is staight out of the box except for the Eduard seatbelts and and the electric wire for the brakelines.

Tried to make "stressed metal" by using putty on the panels, but this doesn't work on such small scale so I sanded it off.

Painted it with Tamiya IJN green and IJN grey, Tamiya lemon yellow with a pinch of red for the IFF and lines on the prop.

Tamiya red for the hinomarus, exhaust stains are Revell enamels- black, some different sand and light brown colours.

Chipping is done with a small brush, using Revell silver and different shades of green, and Tamiya interior colour.

The flash of the camera doesn't do justice to some of the "green" chips and navigation light in some pics.

The pics.....

d4y2g.jpg

d4y2f.jpg

d4y2e.jpg

d4y2a.jpgd4y2c.jpg

I indeed do like that! But! all of your painting detail work would be easier to see if the background, did not have such a high-contrast visual texture that competed with the details of the model and, were a single solid color, such as a light valued pillow case, t-shirt, or sheet of poster paper.

Sincerely,

Mark

• 2 weeks later...