P-40E , White 36, 191 IAP VVS KBF

Guest Martinnfb

Thank You Dale, actually it was you and your obsession with unusual markings that inspired me :) Cheers.

Thank You for stooping by Maru, you are way too kind...hm.. how many stars are available :innocent: , 20? LOL 

Next Warhawk should be RNZAF or Chinese AF or both :), stay tuned

Thanks again

M.

Can I recommend a RAAF subject?

Check out the weathering on this.

zoom_77_Sqn-kittyhawk.jpg

You'd have a tropical bird.

:D

Thats very pretty, I need to look into decal for RAAF, there is definitely a huge variety for  models N and M. If I am not mistaken RAAF bird were wearing forest green/ candy blue livery, right? :) That picture creates impression of total neglect, like " whatev' mate" :)

Martin..

20 Stars ... dude what can I say..

:popcorn: then will you be happy!

Okay ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆.

:wub:

Soooo, 5 from 20 , that makes me very happy :) 

Very tidy messy finish Martin. Looking great in the sunshine!

Torben

Thank You Sir, sunshine creates very dramatic contrasts, but also highlight the imperfection of the build. 

Hi mate.

There's all kinds of schemes Martin. NMF, foliage green, desert camo, green and brown, white tails (so the Americans could recognize them) etc.

75 SQN in particular did an amazing job early on to help stop the Japanese. The A/C in that photo is a 77 SQN bird.

Here's a video about 75 SQN I've linked in the past. Saburo Sakai is interviewed. It's pretty cool. :)

Looking really good, Martin ... haven't checked in for a while, but the results are superb.  Great stuff!

Jim

Thank You Jim.

Really outstanding model and finish !

Joe

Thanks Joe.

Hi mate.

There's all kinds of schemes Martin. NMF, foliage green, desert camo, green and brown, white tails (so the Americans could recognize them) etc.

75 SQN in particular did an amazing job early on to help stop the Japanese. The A/C in that photo is a 77 SQN bird.

Here's a video about 75 SQN I've linked in the past. Saburo Sakai is interviewed. It's pretty cool. :)

Yeah I have to look into it and find out the most beaten and weathered plane ever documented :) 

Beautiful job, Martin.

Love the dusty look.

Thank You Adam, I was trying to keep it down and if I decide to take it to some contest I will have to polish at least partially some of the surface and fix-up little errors, and add up missing details,aaaaaand top it up with bicycle and bucket :)

Cheers

M.

"most beaten and weathered"

Well, having traveled all over the continent, I have to say, that's about right. :D

Sun burnt country, is right.

Mate check it out. I lived in a place where they flew P-40's. 47 C in summer was normal.

And this was down south! :o

And the local river to cool down in was deadly. Suck you right under mate. Gone.

I should add.

It's a great holiday spot! Lots of beaches filled with bull sharks, the animal with the highest testosterone, but probably shouldn't...  :hmmm: 

We have some lovely snakes. The death....oh hang on, I've done it again.

Up north the surf is great. First take a look for crocodiles and sharks...Damn!

Go to Thailand.