2017 IPMS Nationals: Whose going, want to meet up, and got any tips?

CANicoll

Mike (phantom)

I appreciate your invite, but I have to differ. One of ours is on the IPMS board and can't make our Saturday dinner because they wanted him to attend the IPMS dinner.  He being a long time club member a few of us decided we would go with him for dinner on Friday. While I am the last of the founding fathers of the club, which now meets twice a month instead of every week I for various reasons can't attend as many meetings as I once did. The reservations for both of our dinners have been made already. While I would like to know many of the LSPs better, I have to be with those, some of whom, while not in the club since its beginning, I am grateful for those who have kept the club I helped to become an IPMS club together for more than 45 years. Thank you for the invitation ,I appreciate it.

Mike Horina

Edited by mhorina

Guest Smitty44

OK ! Just scored a room at the Embassy ! Had reservation at a different place further away..Thanks Mike !!.......Harv

Nice score Harv!! Pretty sure there is a pizza place right around the corner!

Edited by Smitty44

I can't do Friday dinner, sorry, already meeting up with a model group.  Blast.  Let me know about the Zoo trip please!  And if you all 'run into each other at a bar'... LMK and I'll do my best to meet you all.  I WILL see at least SOME of you in Omaha!

Chris

I now have 100% confirmation that I have July 26 - 31st off from work, so among all the other plans for that week, I think Im going to head to the Zoo.

Even living here in Omaha, I have not been in years for whatever reason.   REALLY worth the trip, as Omahas Henry Doorly zoo is internationally know, and arguably one of if not the best zoo in the world, and has  been around since 1894.  Its really something to behold if you love animals.

Im not sure what day Im going, but Im definitely planning on it, just not sure when or what day, as the NATs take priority, and I dont really want to miss anything. 

Guest Smitty44

Im not sure what day Im going, but Im definitely planning on it, just not sure when or what day, as the NATs take priority, and I dont really want to miss anything. 

Just as long as it's not Wednesday around 1:30........ :whistle:

Brian,

My wife and I are going Wednesday morning before the convention starts.

Mike

I may do that!  Ill have to talk to the GF and see if she wants to go at all, I know she has not been a long while either. 

Guest Smitty44

Ok gents, so the official scheduled BBQ and night at the SAC museum is Thursday. We had talked about doing our own museum visit, but we could also just carpool there that night and partake in the official event instead of going by bus. What do you all think? Much cheaper to go solo though I am sure as it's 35 and 45 bucks.

Edited by Smitty44