Mr. Mark Softer

G-Man

This has been quite the education, thanks all! 

I use Micro Sol and Set 95% of the time, and Solvaset the 5% of the time when Sol and Set are not getting it done.  I've gone to using Set under the larger decals or where I need it to try and conform over various curves and such.  When used under thin decals such as Eduard, you have to get the decal in place VERY quickly as those thin decals start settling in almost immediately but the effects are terrific.

The creamy stuff Bill mentioned is tempting however.  The camo on those figures is incredible work Bill.

And ALWAYS applied over a clear coat - either Model Master Gloss or Vallejo Gloss, then a layer of gloss after everything is dry, then whatever top coat I want to apply.

Chris

there are 2 different versions of Mr. Mark Setter and Softer

because of some EU law restriction you will find in Europian countries only new versions of it, generally worse called NEO - somehow thinner and weaker - at least setter will do almost nothing with some types of (ZM  decals from cartograf provided with Do 335 kit is good example). I had to use far more softer and wet the decal to make it work.

original versions available everywhere except EU 

Mr. Mark Setter MS232

Mr. Mark Softer MS231

EU versions with different formulas and different performance

Mr. Mark Setter NEO MS234

Mr. Mark Softer NEO MS233

HTH

jan

Edited by Jan_G

• 5 years later...

Interesting thread I just discovered. Just this past week I decaled my F-14 with aftermarket decals, painted with Mr. Color paint.  I had absolutely zero issues with Mr. Mark Softer. 
I wonder if the formula changed over the past 5 years since this thread was started?  

2yoxs2.jpg

cant answer your question, but be sure to never use old mr.mark softener straight

i did and the decals it was used on instantly melted/desintergrated

should have deluted it with water first

Edited by blackbetty