Air War Over Korea Group Build Discussion.

LSP_Kevin

Straight north from there, there's a good model show in KC every spring, Harv.

Anything in your neck of the woods Kevin ?

Gentlemen may I put a question regarding the national insignias on the north Korean migs? did the 15 have them also on and under the wings?or only on the fuselage? particular on the silver MiGs...

I've one question: as far ar no major part of a kit has been assembled, is it possible to put such a kit in the group build?I've a Seafire for which many parts have been cleaned, converted, re-scribed but all major elements are still separate. I know that generally the rule of the 10% of assembly is the threshold but as in this case only a handful of kit parts are going to be used, this does not really apply here. Let me know!

I need to look to see if F7F3's were involved in Korea - maybe do a GSB scheme afterall :hmmm:

certainly more forgiving than NMF

I know there were nightfighters at Suwon but they were 2 seaters with the big bulbous radome added

one to google methinks...

Anything in your neck of the woods Kevin ?

Yes, very much in my neck o' the woods, Harv, is the region 5 regional, being hosted by my local IPMS chapter, this September 12th, not to mention one of the best hobby shops around, CRM Hobbies, run by a good friend of mine. Very much worth a look-see, if you're ever in the St Louis area.

Calendar event

I've one question: as far ar no major part of a kit has been assembled, is it possible to put such a kit in the group build?I've a Seafire for which many parts have been cleaned, converted, re-scribed but all major elements are still separate. I know that generally the rule of the 10% of assembly is the threshold but as in this case only a handful of kit parts are going to be used, this does not really apply here. Let me know!

Thierry, the threshold for eligibility is 25% or less completed. It sounds like you'll be OK.

Kev

I need to look to see if F7F3's were involved in Korea - maybe do a GSB scheme afterall :hmmm:

certainly more forgiving than NMF

I know there were nightfighters at Suwon but they were 2 seaters with the big bulbous radome added

one to google methinks...

3_3.jpg

Still looks good to me Peter.

Derek

What I'd really love to make is this one:

F3D-2_Skyknights_of_VMF%28N%29-513_parke

I have always loved this aircraft - it is the true jet successor to the P-61 Black Widow (which to my my mind, should have participated in the Korean war).

I know that Tigger Models makes a vacform kit of this aircraft, and I will buy one off him eventually, but cannot afford it at this time (I still wish that I had one in my stash though - I even bought the MPM Skynight book last November!).

Derek

Edited by Derek B

What I'd really love to make is one:

F3D-2_Skyknights_of_VMF(N)-513_parked_c1

I have always loved this aircraft - it is the true jet successor to the P-61 Black Widow (which to my my mind, should have participated in the Korean war).

I know that Tigger Models makes a vacform kit of this aircraft, and I will buy one off him eventually, but cannot afford it at this time (I still wish that I had one in my stash though - I even bought the MPM Skynight book last November!).

Derek

I knew you'd come up with the Whale, Derek ! When the MiG-15 proved to be an efficient night-fighter against the B-29s, after chasing them from day light operations, the Skynight managed to down a MiG-15 and thus cool down the zeal of its pilots.

Hubert