2018 IPMS Phoenix Convention

phantom

Guest Smitty44

It gets that hot in the summer here, but it cools off a little more at night time. Last summer I put several different company's plastic outside on a 115 day and they all survived just fine. As far as I know there are a couple restaurants in the convention hotel, including one that has a panorama and rotates on the top floor. Other than the Pima tour I don't imagine why anyone would have to go out in the heat of the day. I'm sure they have some of the best A/C in the US.

Guest Clunkmeister

I'm still hoping to be there, depending on if I can find someone to run my shop for 3 or 4 days.

Edited by Clunkmeister

Guest Smitty44

The thing that still astounds me is how many places out here still use swamp coolers (evaporative cooling).  We're seriously looking at running out of water to drink in this part of the country, and people throw it away to make their houses cool and clammy.  The very first thing I did when I bought my house was pull the swamp cooler off the roof and install a proper a/c system.

Nothing like having a house that smells like a fish aquarium.

When I can get it set up, I'll post here.

And Dude, I am 6'-5", 250+, so I'm easy to spot in a crowd, too.

Tim

Tim we will be some of the tallest guys there lol! I'm 6'8" and right at 305 pounds. We can be the book ends in the LSP photo shoot !

The last time I was at the Nats in Phoenix it cooled down to 98 degrees Fahrenheit at night and peaked around 105 degrees during the day.Cheers,Wolf
You have got to be kidding...wonder if I can get a refund.

105 degrees was a cold spell if that was phoenix in August!

Edited by The Dude

Any further suggestions as to basic items to take on a trip of this nature? I'm planning (at least tentatively) for a trip to Chattanooga in 2019, so am putting together a list of essentials to bring, should I be able to actually pull it off.

I'll see you in Chattanooga!  A couple of us went there in January for their event and the guys in the club there are terrific.  The venue was the same as where Nats will be held but you want to get into the hotel attached to the venue to make things easy.

But that is for next year!

So what does everyone have planned as far as events go?  Have we settled on a dinner for the group?  Maru, I missed your food in Telford so hoping to get a chance to sit and chat with you in Phoenix.

For the record I think it is insane to be in Phonenix in July/Aug.  Even people I know who live there leave.

Ok, don't have to say that again. (But will be thinking it come the show!)

Yes, and when you're digging out from the 14th snow storm of the year, we're laughing right out loud at you :)

I never have to shovel hot out of my driveway, or scrape sunshine off my windshield. Not ever!

No, you just have to scrape your ass off the car seat and your skin off anything you touch.