My first WnW build.......Hansa Brandenburg W.29......FINISHED

monthebiff

• 2 weeks later...

Making a little progress and have the floats together and painted ready for weathering.

20170318_192449_zpswppjh6qe.jpg

Need to paint the bare metal shrouds on the tips of each float but not sure what colour to go for and then try and weather t assembly and replicate some salt staining etc, I'm thinking some grey ashes and maybe try some salt techniques....never done this before so not sure. Some bare metal scuffs, some rusted scuffs......any thoughts/ idea's guys would be greatly appreciated.

Regards. Andy

Managed to get the fuselage painted and initial decalling done over the weekend. All went well and as ever the Cartograf decals performed superbly well.

20170321_200614_zpsot2fxsze.jpg

20170321_200700_zps3un3aien.jpg

I have tried to get some variation between the upper tin surfaces and the rest of the wooden air frame by going for a slightly darker grey, also added some mottled pre shading to begin the weathering process.  After some initial weathering I will then spray a nice neat clean grey square on each fuselage side in readiness for the later crosses covering the older style crosses and then hopefully bring it all together with a little more weathering. The picture I have in my head will probably be nothing like what I end up with!!

Regards. Andy

Been concentrating on weathering the fuselage with various oil filters and then masking and painting a "clean" grey square in readiness for completing the decaling.

20170325_170037_zps5wnudiw3.jpg

20170325_170121_zpsrd1bvjnb.jpg

Also discovered Vallejo Metal colours and used Gunmetal Grey to spray the tips of the floats.

20170322_202201_zpssv3cyk2q.jpg

On first use they sprayed perfectly through my Iwata HP-CH with no thinning, odourless and dried to a really nice smooth finish. Will definitely be using more of these in future.

Regards. Andy

Finished the fuselage decals and so now need to add a little weathering to the "newly painted" markngs.

20170330_210234_zpsmfdm5raw.jpg

Also been working on on the armament and trying to get the smaller bits and pieces sorted,

20170330_201509_zpshch6egze.jpg

I used a mix of Eduard Brassin and Master parts for the Parabullem and for the Spandau's i used the Master upgrade parts which are just amazing and so simple to build up and fit.

Just need to concentrate on the engine now......been putting this of as I'm not a fan of detailing engines.

Regards. Andy

Regards. Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Finally managed to get the engine installed today, added some extra's but not to much will be seen when the side panels are on.

20170409_150801_zpsqabudsey.jpg

I tried to use various metallic colour tones to make the finished engine look interesting, Also managed to add the tail feathers this weekend

20170409_150816_zpse1ssiyab.jpg

20170409_150855_zps8lzm1w2x.jpg

20170409_150901_zps6hgmu4vc.jpg

So far so good and now need to concentrate on those huge wings.

Regards. Andy