Scratchbuilt 1/24 Hawker Fury Biplane (Done!!!)

Jim Barry

Thanks everyone. I've been just been in a great mood after wrapping this up and the kudos are just the icing on the cake.  Hard to say what doors this opens up to have passed this LSP scratch build test, but it's pretty exciting to imagine the odd 1/24 possibilities in my virtual "Stash"  (an A5M Claude? an X-3 Stiletto, a Curtiss R2C, ....)  For now, I'm staying with my Bearcat and I might even mix it up and  do an LSP kit just to hone my finishing skills. 

Also encouraging others to do this and help where I can. It's very rewarding. 

Just got back from my 2 month break from everything that is modelling....to see this absolutely beautiful scratch built Fury!

Jim ...you must be very proud of what you have achieved..I know I would be.

Excellent mate!

Fozzy 

Thanks,  Fozzy. Your SE5 was my inspiration that this is humanly possible and that you can do really cool things if you just try (and do not ever  give up!)

Very very true when it comes to scratch building Jim....and I'm glad my SE5 gave you inspiration for your Fury  :)

• 3 years later...

3 Year anniversary of this being completed and I'm only more proud of it. So fun to build. Oddly enough, this is (to date) my only completed LSP. I have lost my hobby space as kids grew and extra room was lost. Thought I'd stop back and say hi. Sorry for checking out, many of you were great support on all my efforts here and I enjoyed it so much. Carry on everyone! Such great work! 

• 2 years later...