Bayonett Model Show pics

LSP_Matt

It's interesting that there doesn't seem to be a particular interest in 1/32 or 1/24 in Australia.... :huh:

I think on the day there was a lovely 1/32 D9 but most of the wow stuff was in 1/48. One guy won a class for having coverted a 190 into a trainer...not a bad effort. Another Maltese guys had done some great Hurricanes etc...some very nice kits. Overall Ango I think you are spot on. Maybe a jet here or there but very little prop stuff.

Of the ones I've seen Ango, they are often just built OOB or with a cockpit spinner add on etc...nothing terribly unusual and whilst being very neat builds kinda bore me a little...nothing ripped, working, engine installs, opened panels etc...meh...probably just have been spoilt by the net.

post-8-1133157491.jpg

yep, I agree wholeheartedly Matt.....we've definitely been spoiled by watching all the gurus here on LSP, to be precise. ;)

I mean, I can't even get much variety with aftermarket goodies here in shops in Brisbane, so that's partly why I'm (sloooowly :huh: ) teaching myself to scratchbuild some of the little details in my builds.

it just seems to me there's bugger-all market for 1/32 aircraft stuff in Australia. Bizarre, I reckon?!

Cheers,

Ango.

Guest LSP_Jay L

Hi Matt;

Looks like a great little show! Very well organised and some very nice touches there. Some very good models, and I must say that my vote for the best in show from what I have seen is that Polish bi-plane. If the camo pattern was hand painted that is some of the best work I have ever seen in my life. And the wood grain on the prop is perfect.

Cheers mate,

Jay

Nah Jay they are decals...phew.

The prop and some of his other wood effects are insanely awesome. You probably would have heard of Lucaz Kiedierski or something like that...he's a lovely Polish guy living in Aus who is friend with my mate Ian. Apparently he does the wood effect with oils and an old toothbrush. Some of his stuff and techniques have featured on Hyperscale...he has a really nice Mig3 and Trumpeter NZ Corsair.

Unfortunately the last show I went to ( 'Wings' at Morrabbin Air Museum) I felt was pretty poorly attended. when I was there only 3 people were looking at kits... :huh: Very few kits in general...some categories not entered by the looks. Still interesting to have a look at the old warbirds. A Meteor even!