Tamiya Lancaster MkII

Lancman

Here's what I am hoping will rekindle my modelling mojo, after searching through the stash I have decided on this. A model kit which celebrates it's 40th birthday next year and still the only one in it's scale which I find hard to believe and when I bought it set me back £21.99 so im guessing that was in the 80's. The beauty part is the 1/48th Tamiya Lancaster and the Beast is I am using the Paragon conversion and making a MkII Hercules powered version. I also plan to use the Eduard big Ed set, Belcher bits SBC's and Cookie with the decals from ADS.

TamiyaLancbits_zpsb669068f.jpg

The first thing that needs to be addressed is moving the wireless op's window as on the Tamiya kit it's about 1cm forward from where it should be plus this Lanc didn't have the fuselage windows or the aerials so these all needed to be filled in.
TamiyaLanc_zpsd41e47c5.jpg

Graham

Edited by Lancman

Heres a build I'll be keenly watching. I built one of these a while ago, basically OOB & gave it to my freinds grandad, a navigator on lancs in. WW2 but I have another in the stash which will get the works.

It is a very impressive model when built & painted.

Looking forward to this build my freind :-)

Happy modelling, Martin

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Peterpools

Graham

​Terrific idea and way to get the juices flowing again. Nice start on the Lancaster. Scale isn' the most important; it's the enjoyment and enthusiasm that counts.

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

• 2 months later...

Managed to get some time back on this more interior done and opened up the escape hatch near the mid upper as both hatches were the same size while Tamiya's is quite a bit smaller.

TamiyaLancinterior2_zpsbe8a78c2.jpg

TamiyaLancinterior1_zpsabbaa559.jpg

ESCAPEHATCH_zps697691a8.jpg

ESCAPEHATCH1_zps7844c4fe.jpg

Graham

Man that is quite a challenge you have set for yourself, but it sure looks like you have the upper hand on this. So far the work is exemplary, just hope the work juices can sustain this effort. No appologies required if you take a break to regenerate the enthusiasm as that is what I've done on the PE work required for the B-25 bombardier area.

And you are right as some of the PE pieces seem to have a mind of their own.

Excellent photography as well. What camera and lens are you using?

• 2 weeks later...