1:32 Intruder Decals

Dondy

In my opinion I think we could see decals for each unit. I mean how long did the A mod serve? The Osprey book is really the best historic book I've read on the intruders combat service and I know that there's more books out there. I've done a far amount of looking for reference material and if you don't look right and don't know the differences you'll mistake a E for an A, and if I'm not mistaken some 48th sheets which will more than likely be enlarged for 32nd will in fact be for the E!

I'm not sure if we'll see decals till the E kit!

Paul

Just an update for those who have requested my A-6 decals - a few have gone out (first come first serve) but I ran outta decal fixative spray that I use so had to order some more - should have that tomorrow or Saturday (hopefully - fingers are crossed the US mail comes through)

I will invoice those that are still waiting once the decals are sealed and ready to go.

Just an update for those who have requested my A-6 decals - a few have gone out (first come first serve) but I ran outta decal fixative spray that I use so had to order some more - should have that tomorrow or Saturday (hopefully - fingers are crossed the US mail comes through)

I will invoice those that are still waiting once the decals are sealed and ready to go.

I just sent you an pm regarding two sets of the VA-196 CAG Decals.

Cheers,

Ken

Thanks for the info Petrov! 

• 2 months later...

I'm working on some limited-run 1/32 A-6A/B decals for next year.

Planned are the VA-75 CAG A-6A BuNo 152946 notionally assigned to Cdr Deke Bordone (am assuming the B/N was LtCdr Grady Jackson, but need confirmation of that). It was lost in Dec 1972, when Graustein/Wade sadly went down in her.  

Second is the Cook/Petersen A-6B Mod 0 flown from the Super Sara a year or so earlier, which would have carried STARMs and SUU sonobuoy dispenser pods. 

Third, subject to me mastering a pimple-nosed radome for resin repro by another, is an A-6B Mod 1 TIAS from VA-34 aboard the Kennedy in 1973.

My first batch of limilted-run 16473-finished 1/32 F-4 decals -  57th FIS F-4E from 1978, F-4C/D MiG-killer from the NY ANG and an a D from the ADTC, and an ADWC F-4C from Tyndall - will be available within the first three months of next year. Have already completed the decal artwork and am doing the colour profiles for the instructions sheets.

Happy Sailing chaps, and may next year bring speed but calm waters,

Tony T

Edited by Tony T

Thanks guys!

My life is somewhat in transition at the moment but the 16473-finish USAF F-4 decal artwork (now QD-32-01/02/03) is complete and prototyped successfully, and the VA-75 Intruder stuff will follow next Spring as QD-32-07.

QD-32-04/05 has become the white tail-coded, SEA camo F-4C Wild Weasel IV-Cs from George, Kadena, Korat and Fort Wayne ('04, coded GA, ZG, ZZ & FW) and PACAF/ADTC/TAWC F-4Ds from Eglin and Ubon (coded FG, ED & EG).

QD-32-06 is the temporarily suspended 'later Keflavik F-4Es' from 1983-85, which may lay on file. 

I could really use more VA-75 A-6A/B ref material from the period 1971-1972. One of the biggest hurdles is the dark green used in the 'AC' tailcodes - it appears dark green with drop-down block shadow black earlier, then the other way around in 1970 and 1972, but I have no cofirmation of this (and working from b&w pics is an absolute PITA in that regard). That problem needs fixing before I may progress further with those designs.

HTH, and thanks for bearing with me,

Tony T

Eli, don't be sorry. We did our best and in this specific case, this was not sufficient to get what I considered to be acceptable considering the sources of information I had.

I hoped somebody else would have sufficient info to re-construct the schemes in order to release the decals. I'm happy we'll finally see the sheets!

Cheers