T-33 just landed

Harold

Here I am...yes, should be nice. I don't have the kit yet. May see if I can get one while I'm in Calgary for their show at the end of the month.

Cheerio!

Brad

Gotta get excited,..hoped they'd come through. already have something similar.

Where's Brad Main? know he wanted these BADLY..

T-33nextstep.jpg

Got a little more work done on this side. I have to add the foot troughs and much more detailing on the consoles. After looking at the above pics, I saw many more booboos on the kit tub....like huge map cases!! they must have had really big maps...

Count me in for one as well Harold. Great!

Tim

Any chance for an easy conversion to a Seastar with this kit?

I would hope so, since their are a lot of really colorful Seastar's. It wouldn't be a simple conversion since the cockpit glazing is totally different and read fuselage and tail have to be reconfigured. We Navy fans can hope someone does it.

The Seastar is a completely different airplane, and there are almost no parts in common between it and the T-33. It's about like a Hawk and a T-45. They look kind of similar if you squint your eyes, but other than that they're completely different airplanes.

Got my T-33 today. While we already know it has some build/fit issues here and there (what limited run kit doesn't?), all I can say is "WOW!". This thing is gorgeous. With a little TLC it's gonna turn into a real beauty. When I was visiting Hasegawa in 1997 and they asked for my opinions on new kits they should consider, I told them that they should do a 1/32 T-bird (the Japanese are ga-ga for the airplane). They gave me knowing smiles and lots of chatter in Japanese, but alas, they've not done it and have now been upstaged. Really looking forward to seeing some of these beauties built!

J

I have the Czech Master F-80, and want to take a crack at a revetment scene, similar to the cover of the Squadron IA book. Very nice model!

post-8159-1273531671.jpg

Just received some not so good news. The T-33 that I'll be going down to see Sunday is still pole mounted! No cockpit shots will be taken, as parks department won't authorize my standing on ladder to photograph. I will try to get some nice exterior shots though, so as to not waste the trip. :(

Just received some not so good news. The T-33 that I'll be going down to see Sunday is still pole mounted! No cockpit shots will be taken, as parks department won't authorize my standing on ladder to photograph. I will try to get some nice exterior shots though, so as to not waste the trip. :(

Yeah, I am in the same situation here. We have one on the ground at the Evergreen Museum (Spruce Goose)

The canopy is closed and It can't be opened right now. I will be sending a message to the curator to see if the maintenance guys can get it opened without breaking something.

They opened the FJ-3, F-105D, F-84F and the Mig 17 for me. I was allowed to sit in the 'pits and photo everything.

Small update on progress. It slowww work...but it is getting done.

Oh by the way, which wheels are the late and which are the early?

T-33pit.jpg

Great!..map cases are now the right size and in the right position...Wheels.."early" are spoked .

By the way ..do you want me to include a separate resin inst.curtain for the rails,or molded on?.you know whats easier.

Great!..map cases are now the right size and in the right position...Wheels.."early" are spoked .

By the way ..do you want me to include a separate resin inst.curtain for the rails,or molded on?.you know whats easier.

Which ever looks the best and easiest for the modeler to work with. I can always mold them as one anyway if it works better that way.

Probably molded on, I am trying to keep the parts to a minimum. I know when I get resin from the "other"s, I end up breaking the fiddly parts and making them from scratch.

Thanks for the wheel info. (too lazy to look it up myself, ha...actually very busy)

I made a mold for the side again. Now I am scraping of the ALMOST accurate kit details. It appears that the master maker miss interpreted the details enough to have me removing all of them and starting over.

I was hoping to work around the kit parts and save some time.

Got my T-33 today. While we already know it has some build/fit issues here and there (what limited run kit doesn't?), all I can say is "WOW!". This thing is gorgeous. With a little TLC it's gonna turn into a real beauty.

Hi,

I can confirm, mine landed today from Sprue Bros. Great! perfect Int'L service, i would recommend...

:crying:

Probably molded on, I am trying to keep the parts to a minimum. I know when I get resin from the "other"s, I end up breaking the fiddly parts and making them from scratch.

Thanks for the wheel info. (too lazy to look it up myself, ha...actually very busy)

I made a mold for the side again. Now I am scraping of the ALMOST accurate kit details. It appears that the master maker miss interpreted the details enough to have me removing all of them and starting over.

I was hoping to work around the kit parts and save some time.

You know you'll be personally satisfied in the end with the effort...I have a list of changes that were made on the F-80 conversion that months have been spent on to bring it up to a Canadair bird around the mid to late 70's..same changes will have to be done to the new kit as well,(have the kit in my hands finally and not happy about a lot of areas,although they're not a build breaker),but I'm afraid to post the list because of a growing number of aggressive "New Kit Defenders" popping up here on LSP recently,possibly due to the large number of new kits being released(saw one here today),It was "THE" reason I left HS after many years there,along with the beliefs that LSP was a haven for modelers who wanted to make corrections,make their own resin replacements,to push the envelope a bit as well as having some real talent to point out and share their discoveries towards making a better scale model,and equally welcome out the box builds.

Sorry about the rant Harold .,but someone posted a "review" on the kit on another site recently saying the kit was bang on and perfect the way it was, and had evidence and all this and all that, then directed a bit of a shot at you and me for whatever reason.So do whatever you want to do Harold ,wrong or right,and I will support you in your efforts because that is my attitude towards all the folks here on LSP.

One last thing..I'm no expert,never said it.Just someone who doesn't like being kept in the box.

You shouldn't have any qualms about posting a list of tweaks the kit requires - if you go to the marketplace page via the main page there are quite a few already - if people want to build straight out the box, no worries, likewise anyone who wants to implement all or some of the suggestions, no worries either. I like to think it's laid back on here, so I'd be very surprised if there was an adverse reaction to you posting a list of tweaks, and I hope you do.