Would you Buy a HpH Kingfisher Catapult?

LSP_Kevin

HpH Kingfisher Catapult  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a HpH Kingfisher Catapult?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Well I voted no but then removed it. I figured that I am never going to build anything that uses a P-6 so there was no point voting a 'no' as it might affect the results for those who really want one.

Unless the Walrus was mounted on a P-6??? Then I would vote YES!

Um, no.

Say I would never eat at Burger King for any reason; I have no interest in their product line. So let's say they announce an online open vote on whether or not they should start putting chili on their new grilled hot dog. Would I log in and vote "no" to the chili knowing I had no intention of ever going in one of their restaurants to buy a hot dog? What is the point of that? I'm not the target of their campaign; I'm not a potential chili dog customer. If they counted "no" votes, which thankfully appears not the case for Hph, that would skew the voting by giving a false impression that I would prefer a chili-free dog, when in reality I could care less what they serve. They could lay a dog turd in it as far as it concerns me (and sell it again as a double dog with no one noticing it's the same thing IMO).

It's like registering dead people to vote in an election; they don't care who wins but they can swing the vote to favor the party that registered them.

Agreed!

It was originally deisgined

Is that right?! Bloody hell, I'm staggered that a £55 after-market item was bought in such large numbers for a £20 kit.

I suppose it helped make up the drop in sale when Revell's Ar196 turned up at a fraction of the HpH kit?ned

It was originally designed for thier own kit (which was available first) not the Revell kit.

Edited by Dave the Cardbord Box

It was originally deisgined

It was originally desiged for thier own kit (which was available first) not the Revell kit.

I know, but the Revell kit is an absolute fraction of the cost.

It probably killed sales of HpH's Ar196 stone dead, but helped sell hundreds of catapults.

I voted no and don't have the Kingfisher.

That may sound silly to some but crucial diorama accessories like that are often an inducement to procuring the plane.

A year ago I barely imagined I'd be stashing 1/48 Russian supersonics, so maybe no is too emphatic - but nonetheless the likely probability.

Tony

I voted no and don't have the Kingfisher.

That may sound silly to some but crucial diorama accessories like that are often an inducement to procuring the plane.

A year ago I barely imagined I'd be stashing 1/48 Russian supersonics, so maybe no is too emphatic - but nonetheless the likely probability.

Tony

Doesn't sound silly to me at all. In fact it makes perfect sense. I looked over the review from Ray on the M117 bombs, and my first thought was to start looking for an F-105 kit to hang them on.

Guest Vulcan32

Status changed from not really interested to seriously considering.

Maybe a little bit confusing, that´s not my status. HpH is seriously considering to produce the catapult.

That was Jiri´s answer when I told him the poll result.

Maybe a little bit confusing, that´s not my status. HpH is seriously considering to produce the catapult.

That was Jiri´s answer when I told him the poll result.

I know it was mentioned above about the 196 cat, but I have that too, and it is the base for what could be a REALLY nice display.  

Heinz

Do you know what the cat might look like? Are there any variations in type?

Im not super familiar with what a catapult for an OS2U would look like, other than what was depicted in a drawing on the OS2U KHM box.