The Shadow Returns!!

DaveJ

As we all now know, our departed friend Russ inspired many of us with more than just his great builds and sense of humor. He was also "The Shadow" and donated kits as raffle prizes on more than one occasion. If you ever followed The Shadow in the comics, that character had a way of coming back whenever there was need. It would appear that this has translated into our little community because....

The Shadow Lives!!

That's right! Another LSP member has donned the mask. He has chosen to face danger and fight crime, taking up the mantle of our fallen friend. OK, maybe he isn't a masked crime-fighter, but he has decided that this GB wouldn't be a complete tribute to Russ if there weren't some prizes!

As of now we have these two awesome kits in the raffle:

• Pacific Coast Models Fw-190A-1/2/3 Combination kit
  • Pacific Coast Models Spitfire MK.IXe with Cammett MK.XVI conversion

Two great kits! There may possibly be more added as well.

Please join me in thanking our anonymous friend for his generosity!! It seems that Russ continues to inspire LSP from beyond the grave.

• 3 weeks later...

I also want to thank the new Shadow for carrying on the inspiration that Russ started. Selfless giving is a trait of a real hero whether it's in combat, a fireman or law enforcement officer and yes...even a lowly model builder. I remember getting a kit from the Shadow for the "Rising Sun" group build, man was I excited. I still have it and will post images of it on this web page if I ever get it built. :rolleyes:

• 5 months later...