While the streaking and  grime dries I got to spend some quality time with my Opti-Visor and work on the navigation lights.

P40_Nav_Lights.03.jpg

.5mm holes drilled on back of kit supplied navigation lights.  Luckly the sprue was quite thick and I was able to drill the holes while on the sprue.  After drilling I carefully added paint in the hole with a 0/10 brush.  One of these days I'm going to use blue as the bulb for the starboard light is actually blue and looks green when bulb is on.

After paint dried I carefully scraped excess paint with a sharp blade.  Then with a micro saw each lens was removed from the thick sprue.

P40_Nav_Lights.02.jpg

Painting the reflector base of these lenses presented a masking challenge.  To mask the lenses I pressed each lens into Tacky Putty base side up and applied Alclad Dark Aluminum.   Applying in light layers building up as not to have paint bleed on sides of lens.

P40_Nav_Lights.01.jpg

The white lens does show up. 

Edited by Rick K

• 3 weeks later...

Aerial rigging is my next step and I opted to get some practice (for future WNW builds) making making my own turnbuckles.  Using Albion 0.5mm Nickel Micro Tubing and Ultra Wire X-Small I made turnbuckles.  A little time consuming but I'm pleased with results.

P40_Rigging.05.jpg

P40_Rigging.06.jpg

P40_Rigging.01.jpg

Nav lights installed.  Drilling a .5mm hole and inserting the turnbuckle is easier than said.  Not as clean as I'd like it.  FICE

P40_Rigging.02.jpg

Much better...

P40_Rigging.03.jpg

EZ Line small is great to work with as it's very forgiving and stretchy too.

P40_Rigging.04.jpg

Wonderful!

Some Hawaiian sun would be awesome for the final photo-shoot.  B)

Congratulations!

Juraj

Thanks Juraj.  When I do final photo shoot I will use a sky blue (for Hawaiian sun) background as well as black

Superb work, Rick! And a terrific result.

Kev

Cheers Kev.  Final pics almost done.

dreamy! 

Thanks Jim.

Beautiful!

Thanks Gazzas.

Awesome result, Rick!! Very nice indeed.

Jay

Thanks Jay.  See you at Model Classic?