1/35 Mi-24 Alien

Kw Wang

and He won a First place..

:bow:

Hi, everyone,

I have to say, I didn't won the First place. 

The First place ( best of show ) of  2016 Moson model show is belong to my friend  Mr. Cheng Pin Fan æ¨Šæˆå½¬,

his Mi-24  "CsÅ‘rike" is the second generation Body painting. ( as below )

my Mi-24  "CsÅ‘rike" is the first generation Body painting.

You can see the difference between those two Hind and because he is my friend too, So our two Hind took a picture together in Reality Fantasy Model Show Freedom Cup 2016 in Tiapei. link : https://www.facebook.com/groups/1692432057737648/search/?query=%E9%97%9C%E7%AB%8B%E8%A1%A1

Kw

15977925_1720936334865003_77748279273772

15940503_1720936314865005_59047028234117

Are these decals or freehand painting?

If painted: Acrylics, enamels or oil?

Regardless how you both did this: Simply impressive!

Regards

- dutik

Hi, Dutik,

Thank you, following Link of my complete WIP :https://www.facebook.com/pg/kwwang0220/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1629536560671648

painted: only Acrylics ~ :)

Kw

Thank you for sharing. The step-by-step images are very interesting. Good ol' scratchbuilding here. Shepard Paine would be proud of you!

How did you do the airbrush work? Do you remember paint/thinner ratio, pressure, nozzle size? Any advice how to airbrush such fine details?

Regards

- dutik

Truly amazing paint job there KW!

I can't wait to see more.

As for me start in Taipei, I had a great time. I lived near the convention centre and went to the Mandarin Training Centre. I miss the food and night market.

There's a neighborhood near the main train station where a lot of hobby shops are. Is that where you go?

Carl

• 2 months later...

Truly amazing paint job there KW!

I can't wait to see more.

As for me start in Taipei, I had a great time. I lived near the convention centre and went to the Mandarin Training Centre. I miss the food and night market.

There's a neighborhood near the main train station where a lot of hobby shops are. Is that where you go?

Carl

Hi Carl,

Thank you for like it,  night market is so interesting. and yes that's right, near the main train station where a lot of hobby shops are. I often  go to that place to buy model things.  :coolio:

kw

Very impressive work! And the subject is a great one. Saw one inbthe flesh at thevWeston Helicopter Museum and it is a brute of a machine!

Is the Alien in the Weston Helicopter Museum now ? I would like to see the real one too ~~