A-1H US NAVY Skyraider (Trumpeter A-1J kit - 1/32)

alaninaustria

The red tags on the fuses are removed once the arming wires are put on. The only RBF flags are on the pylons to prevent  bombs release on the ground, but removed when aircraft is armed before moving or at the arming area short of runway......Harv

Edited by Guest

Your welcome Alan and you are correct. The wire keeps the fuse from turning( the little props on them) the fuse needs to turn so many revolutions before it is armed. You can knock the fuse of the bomb with a baseball bat and it wont explode. Don't ask how I know :wicked: .........Harv 

Reminds me about loading and unloading rounds from T-55 tanks. We used to put them upright on the shell fuse on the tank floor before or after hauling them through the turret hatch (lifting them up and down by hand, weight.of a HE round was 30kg). Sometimes they also slipped through the hands hitting the floor fuse ahead as bumper. Well, I am still here in one piece...  :wicked:  Capped shell fuses were always safe for handling. But we never did so with the bottom end of the round. The propellant primer was a bit too sensitive, capped or not... :whistle:

Regards

- dutik

Thank you gentlemen!! Well, mistakes happen! I ended up placing the opposite side "501" too high so I had to lightly sand it off - only down to the primer - then respray the bottom color - tomorrow the Sea Grey will be applied and then finally the masks!!

After that I presume the Stars & Bars and the I can move down to the canon and then main gear!!

IMG_5393_zpsxuorbdnc.jpg

IMG_5392_zpscurok6tx.jpg

Cheers

Alan

Edited by alaninaustria

Well, another short update tonite! Finally got the Stars & Bars sprayed on!! Just need to get some Sea Grey up on the starboard side of the cowling! Something for tomorrow I guess!!

IMG_5398_zps5nxvwb8r.jpg

And the other side!

IMG_5399_zpsmvi6p8zh.jpg

Thanks Jim! Yes, I can imagine the Skyraider must be a big a/c in person!! I would love to see one up close one day!!

Cheers

Alan

Edited by alaninaustria

• 5 months later...