A-1H Skyraider yes another one

mark31

Helo here my second build.

The A-1H from trumpeter OOB only the decals are from zotz(underway)

Things are slowing down on my mig(foiling) so i whant to keep building.

The only thing done so far on the kit.

Test fit of the feuselage and gleud a part of the wings.

BILD0291_zpseaa94146.jpg

Now i will start the engine i hope to have a update this weekend.

Mark

HI Mark! I am so glad this Group Build has inspired you and so many others to get back to the bench and have fun!  I am very excited to see what you do with the A-1H my friend!  :) I added your name and new project to the Who's Building What list too!

All the best,

Paul 

Great choice Mark! The Trumpeter Skyraider falls together. i have one on the bench now and really enjoying it, as it fits well and even the open panels fit great!

Thanks and yes the fit is great but im going to close every panel.

Jus to see the nice lines of the skyraider.

I have done some dry fitting just to see what u will see of some parts and i tink of not painting all parts.

Why? u dondt see them.

Mark

Edited by mark31

I just got the same kit, but now I have to decide whether to do another USAF bird or a Navy Spad. Vitali is right, this kit falls together. Be mindful of the wing fold joints.

J

Go navy :piliot:

HI Mark! I am so glad this Group Build has inspired you and so many others to get back to the bench and have fun!  I am very excited to see what you do with the A-1H my friend!  :) I added your name and new project to the Who's Building What list too!

All the best,

Paul 

Thanks Paul the past 3 years many things started notting finnishd

But now to much fun and enjoy every minut.

Mark

Guest Peterpools

Mark

Yo0u 're turning into a amchine for sure but one fantastic choice. looking forward to following the Spads build.

Peter

I would suggest if you spreading the wings to glue the upper inner and outer wing sections together first and then the inner and outer lower sections. Reinforce the inside of the join with plastic strip and glue from the inside. Then add the internal bracing at the wingfolds and next, assemble the top and bottom wings as complete assemblies.I think this way you will have a very good join at the wingfold line. That's just my observation with building one but you may have a better solution. With the wings spread you will need to break the tabs off the ailerons as they are designed to be in the both slightly up postion as when the wings are folded both ailerons drop in the up position due to being uncoupled from the inner wing. Good luck with the build.

HTH

Edited by Vitali