How Do I Begin?

theseeker

Hello LSP Members!

Like the title states, how do I begin?

Here I go. I am about to reduce my stash by about 70-80%. This has nothing to do with financial concerns ( thank God) it has to with my new LS addiction, tanks! If any of you read my post in the "make everyone else jealous" thread a while back, you understand.

I received my 1/6 Tiger from Armortek last week and I am beyond words to say the least. This "kit" is a true beast and when fully asembled and operational will weigh in at close to 300 LBS. The machining and engineering are exceptional.

On with the post. I will be keeping all of my resin kits but I will be selling most of my Trumpy, Roden and Tamiya kits along with one new Airfix Mossie and at a discount. I will also be selling a large amount of my A/M gear as well. Most of my kits, 99%, contain decals, resin, barrells, wheels and the like.

I am NOT leaving LSP by any means, CHICO is close to the finish line, however, in the words of Hoffa, I gotta do what I gotta a do! And more importantly, do what you love :blowup:

DSC03086.jpg

DSC03085-1.jpg

Like I said, it is BIG and 1,369 parts!

Rocky

OMG Rocky!!!!! A 1/6th Tiger, oh sh.. , and Do they make a Corsair?????

Have a great time building that thing, and where the h... are you gonna put it when complete?

Wow, Peace,

Alfonso

man.. you sure know how to make a guy jealous!! that thing looks bee-u-tee-ful!! I'd love to have one, but i'd have to cash in my 401k early to buy it!! that, or stop spending money on kits for the next 5 years and put the money in savings.... like that's gonna happen!! I wanna see pics of this bad boy in progress!

oh yeah.. is it gonna be street legal when its done? it's gonna have to be the size of a mini-cooper at least!!!

Rocky,

There is something in the air Fella!

I have never built armour before but recently I suddenly got the urge! I am considering the Tamiya 1/16 Leopard 2 with full RC just as a diversion from things with wings!

In my travels on the interweb I found a nice aftermarket site. If you think aftermarket stuff for planes is expensive then hold on to your hat for this stuff.

Full set of alloy road wheels? £300 please!!! Woah!

Anyway I also found this site of a firm in the UK that will supply you many different 1/6 tanks. Blew my mind!

You could use these to tow your car.

Have a look, they do nearly all the popular tanks albeit at a price!

http://www.mark-1-tank.co.uk/

Might give you some inspiration! They also have AM detailing stuff for the 1/6 Tiger.

In answer to your question though I think the very best place to start is to go and buy a new set of tools (having to build this monster is a good excuse!)

Please Please keep us posted with your progress, can't wait to watch this one!

Phil :blowup:

I am jealous! I have seen the ads for that tank, but I am afraid the shipping of 300 lbs of tank to the US on top of the asking price would be grounds for divorce!

Please post pics of construction!

I am jealous! I have seen the ads for that tank, but I am afraid the shipping of 300 lbs of tank to the US on top of the asking price would be grounds for divorce!

Ray,

I think I have the answer to this problem and it may help other members in the purchase of expensive models or big boys toys!

It is called "MID-LIFE CRISIS"

As men we are all entitled to one. We have worked hard and we deserve it!

This can present itself in many ways and is expected by the "trouble and strife"(wife) They have read about and will have discussed it with their girlfriends.

Symptoms are:

1. Growing a pony tail.

2. Getting Tattoos, piercings.

3. Buying a very fast Japanese superbike or Italian exotic bike with tight leathers to disguise your beer belly and man breasts.

4. Having an affair with a younger woman.

5. Or any combination of the above.

Now we have to use a bit of psychology here. As I've said they will be expecting it and they are looking to minimise the fallout from it.

Its a bit like casually dropping a remark that the new secretary at worked looked nice when they are not showing much interest in you. Tends to gee em up a bit.

Start to talk about buying the fast bike. They will be aware of the bad statistics (particularly here in the UK) of middle aged men wrapping themselves and their new bike around a tree and going to see the big boss upstairs.

Then mention the tank, its much cheaper, doesn't go fast enough to kill you, (unless you fall off and it goes over you!) and will keep you at home and occupied whilst you are building it.

Once complete it will ensure all your male friends come round more often to have a go and they will bring their wives/girlfriends around with them.

This will make her happy as she can natter away with them about all the things women talk about.

Your male friends will also be happy as it can "grease the wheels" and help them when they decide to have their crisis.

Phil :thumbsup:

Thanks for the encouragement guys!

I will keep you posted and post the link to the build. This is something I have been considering for a couple of years and I decided to dive in. It is an expensive endeavor but I wanted something big to build that I could have some real fun with.

Phil, no mid life crisis here! I had mine at 40, got a new wife, a ferrari, ducati and a few other regrettable purchases. However, to your point, this is much safer and much more fun.

The sad part will be parting with the majority of my stash!

Rocky

Ray,

I think I have the answer to this problem and it may help other members in the purchase of expensive models or big boys toys!

It is called "MID-LIFE CRISIS"

Mine has lasted for the last thirty five years! But then I've always been a bit "behind the curve".

:speak_cool:

My temporary brush with very large scale maddness was considering scratch-building a 1/6 Panther, as I wasn't impressed with the detail in some of the kits (but the notion of a 1/3 or larger scale one still lurks). Right now I've only gone as far as getting the 1/35 Dora 80cm monster railroad gun and scratch-built some 1/16 and 1/8 scale P-40 and Allison V-1710 parts. The 1/12 Me262 kit also waits in the basement.

Same here, but I'm still into the plastic.

My King Tiger....

New.jpg

leftfwd.jpg

LowerHull_a.jpg

Elec1.jpg

LowerHull.jpg

These pics are pretty old. It's now pretty much complete except for some weathering.

Well, two things.

First, if you want to sell your excess kits from your stash why not type up a list and post it here on LSP?

You can also list them on Hyperscale, ARC and Britmodel.

The leftovers you can always list on ebay.

Its a lot of work but if you want to sell the kits that seems to be a reasonable way to begin.

As to jealousy, I can report that I'm not in the least envious.

I want to make a tank model that I can ride in. Now that would be fun!

Stephen