New ANG/AFRES 1/32 Phantom decals

jmel

And here are is the other set of instructions.  I'm going to start that Oregon triple MiG-killer today.  That will look amazing in 1/32 with a full load of missiles.

Jake

32004Instructions_main.jpg

32004_instructions_Page2.jpg

32004_instructions_Page3.jpg

32004_instructions_Page4.jpg

Hmmm...may have to check my old pics. I think I have seen the Oregon bird in the flesh. In the 80's the Portland IPMS chapter help meetings in a room off the ANG hanger. Ah, the pre- 9/11 days...I think the a/c is at Evergreen now.

These just arrived and are now shipping.  www.speedhuntergraphics.com

photo2.jpg

All the sheets, including the 1/32 Phantoms, were printed by Cartograf.  As usual, they did a fantastic job, recreating the intricate artwork precisely.

They even nailed the gradient used on the Oregon Red Hawk markings.  The Oregon Phantoms didn't use the same style hawk as the modern-day F-15s, using instead the Hawk with the black gradient around the edges.

photo3.jpg

These are shipping as of today!

Edited by jmel

• 2 years later...

32003 Snub-nosed Phantoms

32003Instructions_main.jpg

1) F-4D 66-7765, 906TFG, WPAFB Ohio.  Decals include both types of nose art and flags to depict the jet as it appeared at the London Air Show in June 1988 or Dayton Air Show in July 1988.

2) F-4C 64-0748, 188TFG, Arkansas ANG, 1989.  Don Spering nose art. MiG killer.  Hill Gray I camo.

3) F-4D 66-7661, 113TFG DC ANG, 1987.  MiG killer.  Euro 1 camo.

4) F-4D 66-7745, 187TFG Alabama ANG, 1988.  Euro 1 camo

just ordered this sheet from aero-spezial. I like so much the commemorative scheme

Hi Carl, yep... just that bad guy!  :thumbsup:

0950207.jpg?v=v20

do you know if this bird had ever mounted AIM-9J missiles? is it possible to hang up them together with the baggage pods?

cheers

Edited by Luca

do you know if this bird had ever mounted AIM-9J missiles? is it possible to hang up them together with the baggage pods?

cheers

It flew with the 89th TFS the entire summer of 88 in the special markings, during which time it flew as a regular jet on regular training missions.  However, it only carried the London airshow markings for a very short time before being modified to the Dayton Airshow markings.  

By '88, the missiles carried by most USAF Phantoms was the AIM-9L.  

Jake

Edited by jmel