Tugs & Tractors on WW2 Navy Flat Tops

Bill Cross

Anyone that owns the 1/32 Trump F6F kit will have the tug sprue.  It's sprue "J" and comes in all the variants Trump makes.

I am sure if you posted in the traders board here you'd get one in a snap.  FYI, even though it's not a "LSP" is an "LSP' accessory so go ahead and post it.

Its also a good start to a detailed little tug as the engine is exposed and screams for detail.

Our review of the F6F-5N, here, illustrating the included tractor. It might be worth checking various trader boards to see if someone will part with one.

No photo of the built tug, however. I am concerned it's less than detailed, especially the open engine part.

Videoaviation's Clarktor might be the right answer, so I ordered one (I'm pissed as I already ordered their bomb trolley and will have to pay shipping 2x). Here is a restored 1943 Clarktor:

Mill44Tug_4_2010.jpg

Edited by Bill Cross

There's a listing on eBay for the sprue containing the tug. It's $22.95 plus $6 for postage in the US.  Kinda pricey for a little tug, but if you need one...

Thanks, Jennings, I saw that but I went for the Videoaviation Clarktor instead. A little more expensive, but better detailing.