BloorwestSiR

I also finished off the exhaust section with the final piece of trim and made sure the burner cans were lined up. As it is, they are a press fit with no glue of any sort holding them in place.

IMG_20150323_224900.jpg

Last one for tonight.I painted the insides of the canopy frames. I will then attach them to the canopies with Gator Glue. The cockpit and canopies are all that`s left now. 

Carl

Here are the ejection seats in their rightful places.

IMG_20150325_215119.jpg

I then glued on the the windscreen and the centre section. I've decided to leave the canopies loose so that they can be removed if desired.

IMG_20150325_215247.jpg

And how she looks  now that she's completed.

IMG_20150325_215354.jpg

This was a nice straightforward build for me. I know I didn't correct all the issues with the kit but I'm happy with the results. This is the third short nosed Phantom I've done now. All the rest in the stash are gun nosed ones (which has always been my favourite version) so after a break, I think I'll get back to my old G conversion.

Carl

Thanks everyone! I originally didn't have any interest in building a D until Speedhunter came out with the decals for this version. I remember seeing the actual plane back in 1988 in London (and getting a really bad sunburn doing so) and that was as good as a reason as I needed.

Here are some "better" shots I took. The lighting probably isn't the greatest but at least it's an uncluttered background.

f8ebcc8c-7882-464b-b73f-e585515bebe4.jpg

IMG_20150325_215817.jpg

IMG_20150325_215837.jpg

IMG_20150325_215856.jpg

IMG_20150325_215913.jpg

IMG_20150325_215935.jpg

IMG_20150325_220010.jpg

IMG_20150325_220045.jpg

With this build, I've finished one build in the each of the last three I've participated in. That being said, I'll be sitting out the current one as I don't have anything suitable and want to clear some unfinished projects.

Carl

Edited by BloorwestSiR

Gotta Love a RHINO!!!!,

Really nice build Sir!!

Looks different without all the "Stuff" hanging off her.     CLEAN

Congrats and love the markings

Hope the sunburn turned tan!!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Jack

Thanks everyone. I was worried as to where I'd put it now that it was complete, but it just fits in our IKEA cabinet. Which means an F4E won't.

Jack, I can't recall if the burn turned into a tan or not. I do remember it was only the back of our necks from facing one direction watching the flying part of the airshow.

Carl

• 4 months later...