Hurricane IIC

And the Hurri II is finished. This one is in the markings of No 1 Squadron, Royal Indian Air Force--technically not the RAF but close enough as it's 1944...

Kit was built pretty much OOB, though I did a bit of detailing in the cockpit and on the engine. I thought about doing an all out detailing effort but decided I didn't really want to do that this time around.

Enjoy!

post-717-1212277650.jpg

More! Heheh, yes and you can see potential "future projects" in the background. I realize strictly speaking the Superfort isn't "Large Scale" but it sure is big... I'm thinking of doing an airborne version of Enola Gay or Bockscar.

post-717-1212277856.jpg

Looks good Tim, nice and weather beaten.

Kev

Yep, just like I like 'em--that "fought in" look. A lot of the SEAC aircraft got that way pretty fast. As I used Montex masks instead of decals, it was a bit easier to weather the markings as well.

Tim W.

Looks FANTASTIC, Tim!!! Great job on the weathering, and a nice subject. I really must try the "mask" techique, it does look a lot more convincing.(and like you said, easier than decals to weather!)

Gotta love the look of those "can-openers" in the wing. Very nice model! Russ

Great work Tim...it sure looks like a great kit to build. Love your finish and weathering.

Compared to the Airfix Mk I (which I've also done a few of in my time), this kit went together VERY easily--especially the nose section, though there's a lot of potential there for a superdetailer.

I enjoyed it--I wanted to build something that didn't necessarily require a lot of extra scratch-building and am pretty happy with the result--I've also wanted to do a SEAC Hurri II for YEARS and this one really filled the bill.

Tim W.