Trumpeter MiG-29A Coming Soon!

LSP_Kevin

Friend of mind just got his mitts on some of these.

I'll be getting mine in a couple of weeks!

Comes with Hungarian and Russian AF markings, but not Cold War.

FYI:

Use coupon code MEMDAY17 and it's only $99 + shipping

Well, I just clicked on order now and the web page is having a hiccup.  Trying to communicate with papal.

EDIT:  Got it!  Had to redo the order a couple of times.  But $112.69  shipped to my door.

Edited by ScottsGT

FYI:

Use coupon code MEMDAY17 and it's only $99 + shipping

Well, I just clicked on order now and the web page is having a hiccup.  Trying to communicate with papal.

Hmm, just worked for me using Paypal. BTW, shipping charges drop over $100, and using the coupon drop the price on the MiG to just under $100, so if you need a bottle of paint or anything else cheap, might want to add it.

Started cutting out the parts on mine. The cockpit is actually pretty detailed and matches well with photos of the real thing. The seat is OK and is made up of a number of parts, but only has molded in shoulder belts. The lap belts are missing and no PE belts this time. I think I may use a Quickboost seat, but the rest of the pit is GTG. Also may replace the wheels, not that the kit wheels aren't nice, but I'm not a big fan of rubber tires. Hope to build the first one mostly OOTB.

Overall, I think this is one of their A-team kits as far as detail goes. A big leap over the old Revell kit, and more detailed than their M/K kits, especially in the wheel wells, intakes, and engines. Think there are some shape issues around the cockpit area of the fuselage (canopy seems to taper too much inward toward the rear) and the air brake looks a little wide, but it definitely looks like a MiG-29.

One thing I've found is that the kit doesn't come with the Odd Rods IFF aerials for the nose, and the photos of the HuAF birds I've seen all seem to show them, so I'll probably got for Russian markings on this one.

Edited by Dave Williams

Guest The Southern Bandit

Overall, I think this is one of their A-team kits as far as detail goes. A big leap over the old Revell kit

Very encouraging, thanks.

I started on my Mig this weekend and the fit is pretty good. I want to do the basic Russian scheme and want to use Tamiya acrylics...anybody want to take a shot at the colors? I'm thinking XF-19 for the base and XF-22 for the gray-green camo. I think that is what Tamiya recommended in their re-box of the 1/72 Italeri kit...

Thoughts?

Mine is on order from Squadron.  $99 (not including S&H) Memorial Day sale.

May have to build this next!  I've been waiting YEARS for a decent "A."

Tim W.