1/8 scale Fokker Dr1

LSP_Ron

Guest Peterpools

Ron

WOW, totally blown away; one sweet engine. Amazing work for sure.

Keep'em coming

Peter

Awesome work on the engine! 

I'm pulling up a chair, some beer and munchies for the long haul  :popcorn:

I've been waiting to see a build thread on one of these Hasegawa beasts for a long time.

I've always wanted the SE5A, but even if I could find one, I wouldn't be able to afford it. Commander in Chief House would kill me!

Best regards;
Steve

Ron, have the reservations made in High River, a buddy from Nelson is bringing his P51 and a '59 Corvette, Cathy and I should be there Friday afternoon, and for sure ALL day Saturday..... what are you bringing to show? I will suss you out for a hand shake at the very least....

Looking forward to it...... hope they # 1 fixed on the Lanc...

Cheers

Jeff

Ron,

This is the 1st time I've ever seen a 1/8 scale aircraft model. I've seen a few 1/8 scratch build Porsche race cars, so I know just how amazing the detail can be.  I'm really looking forward to following your journey till you cross the finish line. 

Sure hope that Harv has enough popcorn for all of us that pulled up a chair. 

One would be hard pressed to tell if your engine is plastic or the real deal. Those Copper exhausts look darn perfect with the heat discoloration.

Joel

Thanks all, Jeff, I won't be bringing anything, just going to kick tires etc. Bill, I got myself some 1/64 birch ply that should work for the missing turtle deck and some 1/32 bass ply for the leading edges but I am leaning toward lookinf for birch veneer.

I did a little work on Sunday. You wouldn't beleive how frustrating wiring nine copper wires to spark plugs is, I managed three and decided I needed a mental break so I build the machine guns and the engine mount and primed them.  This this is big,  one machine gun is nearly the size of a 1/32 Dr1 fuse!  I am not going to arm the guns because the ammo belts are brutally lacking for something in this scale. They look like lumps of pot metal not ammo belts.

Thanks for looking

5mWcj8W.jpg

ihISV55.jpg

yKKdwkT.jpg

sp9WVHd.jpg

Ron,

the engine is really coming together quite nicely. I was kind of shocked to see what and how they used back then to connect the electrical charge from the manifold to each spark plug. 

I'm still in awe at how you painted those exhaust pipes. The heat discoloration is extremely well done. 

Joel