Me-163B Komet,"White 9", (Meng kit).

Jeff T

Hi all,

I've been working on my Komet by Meng, and thought I would start a WIP thread.I have only got the cockpit painted for now, but work continues.

I will be building mine with the fuselage buttoned up as I like to have my models display the lines of the aircraft, I am not into open panels, so a lot of this kit won't be used in the build.

Anyway, here is where I am up to at the moment,

5xnA6wv.jpg

A quick dry fit.

NXSy4j6.jpg

Ar1OjJE.jpg

82oHp62.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Jeff.

Edited by JT68

Thanks fella's!

Gorgeous pit. Did you use the PE belts? About the only thing I didnt like on mine was the instrument decals. Cant wait to see more.James.

Thanks James!....yes, I used the kit PE belts.I had some RB Productions paper belts to put on it, but after making the first one up, it just looked way too big for the seat, I think because the Komet seat is very small, so I used the PE ones that came with the kit.

I agree about the instrument decals, I would have rathered a set up like Aires have in their cockpit sets with an acetate sheet.

Cheer's,

Jeff.

Thanks Frank and Hakan!

Very impressive, I like it!  Where do people find these kits?  I have been waiting for them to show up in online hobby shops but haven't found any yet.

Frank, I got this one from Lucky Model, pretty much as soon as they came out.I thought they would have been everywhere by now. :shrug:

Cheer's guy's,

Jeff.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Work has been slow on the Komet, little modelling time these days, but here is a small update.

A lot of time has been trying to get the panels on top of the fuselage installed and cleaned up.On my kit, these didn't fit very well at all, so it took a fair bit of filling, sanding and re-scribing to get them to look alright.

This plane is small, but there seems to be a lot of work in this kit to start to get it to take shape.

tC4dlot.jpg

BKm402a.jpg

hYSKJwt.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Jeff.

Edited by JT68