FSD #1 HORNET.......on hold UFN, sorry.......

Jack

Guest Peterpools

Jack

Great choice .. Seems like yesterday the kit was on the Squadron shelves in the Syosset store. Bought it in a flash.

Peter

Great choice, I build it when I was a kid. I did not even bother painting the fuselage, I applied the decal directly on the bare plastic and thought it was looking awesome. I especially loved the hornet picture on the side. Good memories. I will follow.

David

Great choice, I build it when I was a kid. I did not even bother painting the fuselage, I applied the decal directly on the bare plastic and thought it was looking awesome. I especially loved the hornet picture on the side. Good memories. I will follow.

David

David, by coincidence i did the same in the past, but in the meantime this "retro-finished" kit disappeared into the wild blu yonder AKA trashcan.....

Mike, i figure since at that time the Hasegawa release was one of first (except for the Revell kit, which isn't too bad actually), they did their homework pretty good, and so it represents indeed the "prototype" config, and a friend of mine built it it in that same period, and i can still remember his enthousiasm building it.

So we'll see if it's a shake-and-bake situation, but i'll be using some AM parts as well.

J.

Nice Jack - I have the same kit which I have earmarked for conversion to a YF-17 Cobra for some future build.

:popcorn:

Derek

Now *there* is a challenge!

I wonder if the Aires nozzles and some resin intakes made for the Academy kit will fit.

Jens

Now *there* is a challenge!

I wonder if the Aires nozzles and some resin intakes made for the Academy kit will fit.

Jens

It is indeed a good challenge Jens, but I have done the overlays and it is entirely 'doable'  :wicked: (after embarking on my Revell 1/32 JAS 39 Gripen correction build, the YF-17 will be a breeze!).

F-18's are always good builds to watch, so I expect that I will enjoy this one  :popcorn:

Derek

• 1 month later...

OOOH you're devious Maru........but it's still on, as a matter of fact did some fuselage adjustments by removing some old on-lying "ridges" which should have been scribed, but then again i wouldn't "re-scribe" them at certain positions, depending on the point of view, anyhow, pictures to follow shortly.......

thanks for your interest,

J.