It's time again for a Roll Call....

maverick728470

Hello everyone, I'm Matt (big matt) in Los Angeles, California. All those cool places to work are just great! My work space is actually on the books with the county as a dedicated "hobby room" built in the 1950's. It was a big selling point for me on this house and I practically live in it while working on my many projects.

hospital012.jpg

My "stash" is on the left. Got rid of my 1/48 stuff as LSP's are more fun

No cool cases for the finished builds. I just hang the ones I don't give away from the ceiling

hospital014.jpg

Looks like it's shop time!

hospital013.jpg

Looking forward to seeing more "lairs".

Matt

Hi

My name is Chris Chester from Chesterfield, England. If anybody didn't know, we have the church with the crooked spire. Legend has it that, many, many moons ago, a virgin bride got married in the church and the spire dipped down to have to a look at her and it won't straighten up until the next virgin gets hitched there. No chance of that happening then. By the way, no comments regards the name please as I've heard them all. One of my nicknames is the fieldmouse. That came about because the towns football team has a mascot called Chester the fieldmouse.

Regarding modelling, I'm just moving over 1/32 scale WWII fighters and at the same time doing the loft out as my work/modelling room. Had to have a break from that though as the clumsy oaf that I am, went through the ceiling and into the bedroom. OUCH!!! Don't worry though, no models got harmed.

Chose Monty Python as my logged in name because thats the kind of humour that I like. Anything stupid or plain daft makes me laugh.

Chris

Tommy Hyer, Amarillo, Texas. Home of the Big Texan. I have a room in the house that holds all my books and about 300 unbuilt kits that range from ships, subs, 1/48 scale to 1/24 scale planes and jets. Unfortunately, don't have the time I'd like to have due to two wonderful kids that keep me busy! So, I get on this site and others, drooling over folks work, purchasing decals, detail sets, and the occaisional kit. I'm almost at the point where the kiddos are self sufficient (Is there such a thing?) that I can crank up the aircraft factory and finally show some of my handiwork! :o

Tommy

Everyone pretty much knows me...but for the newcomers...

My name is Earl. I live under a rock. I build models and have no social contact with other members of my species except for my psychologist, whom I speak to through a hole in the wall of my hobby room...

Jeff Herne, Ixonia, Wisconsin. Former FineScale editor, creator of Modelx (but we don't talk about that anymore), and creator of Warpigs. I live in Wisconsin (because I can't afford to move back to NJ) with my lovely Irish-redhead wife Laura, my amazing genius daughter Katelyn (also a modeler), and 2 Labrador Retrievers, Pebbles and Bam-Bam. I've been modeling for 35 years, 20 of those professionally.

Ok, I've been asked before...so here for the first time...

My shop is an unfinished basement, as the house was finished only days before we moved in. The missus got the ground floor and second floors, and I got the basement - not a bad trade if you ask me.

100_3061.jpg

Here's the bench...it started out as a mis-cut kitchen counter-top. Seems the counter guy cut it too short to fit into the house (it was the house being built across the street when we moved in - he was on his way to the dumpster with it!)

The drawers are Home Depot kitchen cabinets...and in those drawers...

100_3050.jpg

Gunze and Tamiya

100_3055.jpg

Vallejo and other misc stuff, inks, washes, etc.

100_3056.jpg

And Polly-Scale, MM Acryl, etc...

I don't have a spray booth, however, I do have a large bathroom fan with ductwork overhead. When I open the window on the far side of the basement and turn the fan on, the vacuum keeps the room cloud-free. So here's the airbrush rig...I've since added a new Harder & Steenbeck Infinity to the brush collection.

100_3059.jpg

Here's the 'good stuff' in the stash...I have a dozen or more moving boxes that still contain kits, mostly 72nd and 48th, although I think there's a Matchbox Dauntless at the bottom of one of them...

100_3047.jpg

Here's shelf one of the library...

100_3045.jpg

...and shelf two...books are also a complete mess, and I still have many in storage.

100_3046.jpg

Sorry for this long post. I don't get out much... :o

J

Hi all, I'm James Knaus (Hagar). I live in Cold Lake Alberta Canada and model primarily German WWII and Canadian aircraft, although anything exotic or colourful is fair game. Despite my proximity to the base I find it hard to do modern Canadian.

Here's the stash a couple of years back which takes up 1/3 of my cave.

DSC00189.jpg

This is from my pre 1/32 days so just imagine the same but bigger boxes :)

James

Holy big stash, Hagar!

Now I understand why your wife told you to clean some of it out! I'm still very grateful to you for the gifts you sent - I'll keep letting you know when/where they are posted.

I am a newbie here. Real name Dan McWilliams. I live in Bagotville Quebec, and work at the CF-18 simulator training centre. My nickname comes from the popular 80's TV show (Alien Life Form, or Gordon Shumway to his friends).

I love to do modern jet fighters, as well as WWII fighters.

ALF

Hello All:

I am Rick Griewski. I lurk often but have not posted too much lately. I live in Howell Michigan. I build 1/32 scale pre-WW2 and WW2 models with interest in all the antagonists. I am especially fond of vacuform kits and scratch building that goes along with them. I now have at least 7 vac kits in various stages that have been released in styrene- the Ju-88 and BAC Lightning F.2/6 included.

My hobby room is located in the front of the house in what could be called the traditional formal dining room. I am very lucky to have a wife that is an artist. BTW she does her art in the other nice room above me.

Rick

Hi,

Brent Hopley from Wellington New Zealand. An aviation engineer (avionics background) and currently serving in the Royal New Zealand Air Force for a 'second time round' tour after some time in the civil airline industry. We have moved around the country a fair bit and for the last 30 years my wife and I have bought up three sons (a pilot and R/C slope soarer, and two modellers, one into aircraft and one into trains - have to watch my model stash like a hawk that alone paints and tools! With travelling a fair bit not much (aircraft) modelling has been achieved over this time. My real passion is aircraft but I have been distracted for a number of years now by railway modelling (hence the site name) and the images and link below show a little of what I've been up to in recent years in my other modelling pursuit.

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=19616

Really impressed and very humbled with the group here at LSP and hence it is one of the only two on-line groups I belong to. Currently finishing off a masters degree (never too late) and living in a small house hence no dedicated modelling room. I've put aside my study for the week as I recover from a wee op to the knee and have been dabbling all week with aircraft models - I'm about to pick up on its the Me109 and Ju87 from the Luffwaffe Group build for a couple of days then its back to work and study....

Regards

Brent

post-4396-1235092815.jpg

post-4396-1235092824.jpg

post-4396-1235092838.jpg

Hello

James from Rugby, UK. I can fit mine into just the one picture! :)

I rent a room in a massive Victorian townhouse along with 8 others - my modelling area is just the corner of my bedroom :lol: I'm so jeaslous of all these 'man rooms', although I will of course insist on one when i buy a house :o

post-4669-1235160298.jpg

I realise I'm not a Newbie but I thought I'd chime in anyway.

Here's where I do what I do...

Pictures099.jpg

And here is where it ends up...

Pictures104.jpg

I do all the major painting in the Garrage and the stash is all securely packed away in storage

Heyyy, just to prove I'm not dead (yet), I still believe I,m the slowest (as in least productive) LSP member (Portland, Oregon USA).

You'd think I'd have more to show from this pigpen...

Pigpen1a.jpg

Pigpen3.jpg

Been distracted lately rebuilding this kit...

Strat4.jpg

Back to airplanes one of these days :P

Guitar players!! Cool...

My guitar collection is pretty much gone now...I still have a custom Ibanez RG430, an acoustic, and a 1956 Les Paul flametop that resides in my father's walk-in fire-proof gun safe back in NY. The Les Paul is pretty much my retirement fund...I figure by the time I need it, it should be valued in the 100K range... I bought it from a collector back in 1983, paid $1200 for it.

J