Hobby Boss 1/32 Spitfire Vb

Kagemusha

Derek,

If this Hobbyboss Spitfire Mk. Vb kit turns out to be any good, how about some tropical filters, maybe a different prop, and a Vc wing or the parts to make one? This is assuming of course that Hobbyboss is not planning to do its own tropical version-- which I don't know. Also assuming that you are looking for suggestions for your new line!

Bill M.

Derek,

If this Hobbyboss Spitfire Mk. Vb kit turns out to be any good, how about some tropical filters, maybe a different prop, and a Vc wing or the parts to make one? This is assuming of course that Hobbyboss is not planning to do its own tropical version-- which I don't know. Also assuming that you are looking for suggestions for your new line!

Bill M.

Sure am Bill!;)

Vasko Barbic's Warbird Productions (now largely owned and produced by Grey Matter Figures) produced many of your suggested items. However, I do not know what GMF actually have as far as master patterns go, or what is in their range, so I shall need to discuss this with GMF first to make sure that I do not duplicate any of their range...I will be making the Spitfire bomb carrier though, and maybe some of the items you suggested.

Cheers

Derek

Edited by Derek B

Here's hoping, but not holding out too much hope, it being Trumpeter and all. I'll be willing to lay down a crispy one dollar bill right now that the firewall is flattened on top just like the Hasegawa kit rather than being a perfect U shape like it's supposed to be (and like the Tamiya Mk.IXc). I hope I'm wrong, and I hope they do a Vc at some point.

J

Careful Jennings, the "Anti CAD/Test-Shot/Kit Photo Analysis" police will be headed to your door with torches and pitchforks if you make any assumptions or comments about a kit without having said kit in hand!

Although I will agree with you based on comments made by Mr Song and others on the other thread about this kit.

To quote the old catch phrase...

Look at the Dzus fasterners on that!

:D

You better be careful too Dave ;)

Cheers,

Doug

Careful Jennings, the "Anti CAD/Test-Shot/Kit Photo Analysis" police will be headed to your door with torches and pitchforks if you make any assumptions or comments about a kit without having said kit in hand!

You better be careful too Dave ;)

:rofl: :rofl:

Sure am Bill!;)

Vasko Barbic's Warbird Productions (now largely owned and produced by Grey Matter Figures) produced many of your suggested items. However, I do not know what GMF actually have as far as master patterns go, or what is in their range, so i shall need to discuss this with GMF first to make sure that I do not duplicate any of their range...I will be making the Spitfire bomb carrier though, and maybe some of the items you suggested.

Cheers

Derek

YAY! Derek to the rescue!

Of course they will. :lol: :lol:

Cause we all know assuming and speculative conjecture is by far the best way to proceed. :rofl: :lol:

I for one am very excited about this kit, and am very happy Trumpeter has produced it. We know one or two gents on here were working with them on this project and I am happy that took place as well. Instead on being negative about it because of who is producing it, I am very positive indeed, and look forward to it. Next to the Mk IX Spit, the Mk V is boss for me. I am sure it will look awesome next to my Spit Mk IX. Now to pick a marking scheme. Good thing I saved my Phil Marie markings!

Brad

I for one am very excited about this kit, and am very happy Trumpeter has produced it............... Instead on being negative about it because of who is producing it, I am very positive indeed, and look forward to it.

I do realize the whole HobbyBoss/Trupeter Ford/Lincoln Honda/Acura kind of connection here as far as who is actually behind the molds for this spit, but I have as of late kind thought as Trumpeter and HobbyBoss as "hit and miss" across the board. I know that the F8F I have is a winner, as well as their Avenger and some others made by the Trumpy "A" team so to speak, but Ive recently acquired some of Trumpys other kits I had not handled or seen in person before (their A-7E); obviously made by the "C" or even "D" team.

I am definitely not a Trumpeter basher by any means, just curious if there was any rym or reason behind which Trumpy engineers put out which kit; in this case the Spit, and if that "team" is across the board working on the project including sub variants that they may come out with......

Just curious if there was any consistency to this whole thing..........or a way to tell what you(or more precisely who) are getting / IE which "team" is producing which kit.

We know one or two gents on here were working with them on this project and I am happy that took place as well.

Anyone we know?

It might make me feel better (IE actually BUY this bloody thing) depending on who was working with them and how much "tug" or influence they may have on Trumpy to change anything that needs changing.

Pity there are no trade shows near me coming up that I could get a gander at the spues myself.

Cheers,

Brian

Anyone we know?

Some chap goes by the name of Edgar...

Something to bear in mind is that no company goes out to make an inferior product, even British Leyland - a byword for cr@p cars! http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1c/Austin_Allegro_Registration_ca_1975.jpg "It turns out that the Allegro’s body was so thin if jacked up on one side the windscreen fell out and none of the doors would open! What turned out to be a five minute wheel swap took two of us a whole afternoon to put the car back together!" :shrug:

Something to bear in mind is that no company goes out to make an inferior product, even British Leyland - a byword for cr@p cars!

I agree with that Kage, fur sure. Again no intention of Trumpy bashing here just curious to see how/who gets assigned what projects. Im sure its an internal thing that I will never know but just scary sometimes with the overall price of todays HIGHLY detailed 32nd kits.

Some chap goes by the name of Edgar...

If THATS true, then I feel better already....... :D

Brian

I agree with that Kage, fur sure. Again no intention of Trumpy bashing here just curious to see how/who gets assigned what projects. Im sure its an internal thing that I will never know but just scary sometimes with the overall price of todays HIGHLY detailed 32nd kits.

If THATS true, then I feel better already....... :D

Brian

Edgar mentioned in the previous post on the topic that after he worked with trump/HB that some changes were made internally (to the kit), but not externally fwiw: http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=31670&hl=spit&st=22