Roden O-2 Skymaster due in November

Kagemusha

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235017225-novelties-roden-2017/

Does anyone know if it's possible to make a Portuguese Air Force version from the kit? - though I'm probably asking that a bit early as it's not released yet... doh!!!

Andy, don't take this one as a project inspired build, took it a Evora aerodrome in Portugal some 12 years ago.......

IMG_0764_zpslg6qib1o.jpg[/u

they also had this one in one of theirs hangars, guess they turned one of the military o2's into a civillian machine.....

IMG_0755_zpsn05ykcwg.jpg

Edited by Jack

• 1 month later...

Confusing.  The 1/32nd 0-2 was due in July.  On the Roden website on the 'in preparation' page a photo of an 0-2 has appeared today but with description #409 Cessna L-19/0-1 Bird Dog 1:48 scale.

Anyone have any good news?

• 2 weeks later...

Now the product number has been changed to 620 (which is the next unallocated number in 1/32 section of their catalogue :yahoo: ) but the scale is still showing as 1/48th :mental:   I have my fingers crossed.

Confusing.  The 1/32nd 0-2 was due in July.  On the Roden website on the 'in preparation' page a photo of an 0-2 has appeared today but with description #409 Cessna L-19/0-1 Bird Dog 1:48 scale.

Anyone have any good news?

• 1 month later...

I checked the Roden site today and it is listed as 1:32 scale but no release date.

http://www.roden.eu/HTML/framemodels1.htm

I'm really looking forward to getting one of these kits.

cessna.jpg

Des.

Edited by Airtourer

Also there with you guys!  Ive been looking for a Roden O1 locally, to no avail. Ive also just picked up Kev KPL Publishing book on the O1, and Erics build of it. The detail and clarity is really great. Its REALLY made me want to pick up an O2 when it comes out, as Im digging the FAC stuff lately. 

I actually saw that exact bird at Osh Kosh EAA Air Venture back in 2015. Really cool to see it up close and personal. 

I live close to HMAS Albatros and there used to be a Cessna 0-2 based there, it flew over my place quite often, a lovely sight and sound, pity it isn't there any more. The Temora Aviation Museum has one in their collection of aircraft.

I really hope Roden stick by their commitment and do release this kit soon, here is another picture of this beautiful aeroplane, this is the aircraft at the Temora Aviation Museum in NSW.

Des.

cessna_x_2.jpg

Edited by Airtourer

Guest Clunkmeister

Don't know if anyone's ever read this before, but this is an eye-opening (if not hair-raising) account of how the O-2s got to Vietnam.  And it wasn't how you probably imagined!

http://tallyone.com/ferrying-skymasters-to-nam/

So anyone who said he could fly a plane was handed a clipboard and a logbook, and said go fly it to Vietnam?

No pilot License, nothing?

If you could stagger around the pattern they'd stuff you in and wave you goodbye?

What the hell were they thinking???